The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

^^Try developing your own film and prints. It'll feel way better than dropping your film off for processing. I can't even use photoshop anymore because I'll feel like shit knowing I can't do physically what I can do on the computer.

I kinda agree with the whole lomography sentiment spaceman has.

Reminds me of people with longboards.

Living in a college town, I see way too many longboards. Every time one goes by me I just want to stick my foot in front of the back truck.

ive got a cannon backpack thats pretty nice u can fit 2 bodies and like 4-5 lenses. its solid only thing im not a fan of is that it only has 3 xd card holders in in and with them in their cases its a tight cram to fit them in the pockets.

and i have a standard sony 18-70mm

55-200mm

11-18 wide angle

i need to get my hands on a minolta maxxum AF 50mm F1.7

jus been to broke to pick on up off ebay

yeah, i'd like to be able to carry my DSLR with room for one additon lens for it and also my film body with a few lenses and a speedlite... i guess i should hit the store and jstu check em out hands on. from what i've see i want a lopro sling style backback with the side opening for quick access to at least one camera, btu even at that it seems like there are quite a few options...

The first bag I bought was a sling back and don't use it, huge waste of money for me.

I think it's best to have your camera out and ready, no matter how fast you get with a sling back, honestly it's still usually too slow to be that effective.

The other reason I don't use it is it's way to easy to make a mistake and not secure your camera or close the bag all the way.

Your camera can easily fall out if not secured and even the most careful person makes mistakes.

Not to mention it kinda helps a pickpocket/thief.

The main advantage of the different packs lowepro makes is they open from the inside part that touches your back when wearing it.

Even if left unzipped all the way, it's still impossible to loose your camera/flash/lenses even if surrounded by pickpockets and thieves.

Also, their pretty well built and comfortable as far as backpacks with heavy loads go, plus they're very protective from bumps, weather, and anything else.

I don't think I've ever gone out with extra lenses or bodies. I'll generally just have the camera in my hand/pocket or over my shoulder on it's strap, if I had stuff in one of those back packs I don't think I'd ever take a shot. Obviously they'd be useful if you were a pro who needed to cart about a large selection of equipment though. Recently I've been using a little shoulder bag that I borrowed cos I got myself a new camera that's a little too bulky to carry by itself, it just fits in with space for a light meter, only got one lens for it at the moment anyway.