The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

my boy just racked a holga some shots from his first 2 rolls..

003_3.jpg

022_22.jpg

002_2.jpg

013_13.jpg

009_9.jpg

003_3-1.jpg

008_8.jpg

021_21.jpg

weird such a basic shitty camera costs almost as much as a decent point and shoot but his pictures keep turning out better and better. he has been shooting with slide film which is enhancing the colors in some really interesting ways, ill post more when i get them.

• Like 2

loadlimit, mn1 good shtuff. like first shot r1char. couple nice one yinz.

mixed feelings about toy cameras. makes otherwise not great shots look "cool".....

few more, plus some "fall colors" shots soon..

41.jpg

40.jpg

47.jpg

oh, and jbrsh pretty much always on point as well.

Guest Ginger Bread Man

hey caust.

i know you went through the trouble of adding a marquee but i, as well as others im sure, do not believe they should be in THIS particular thread. thank you

To me holgas only make boring pictures look "cool" because there's not any real sharpness due to the shitty plastic lens. You'll almost always get a foggy, moody effect going on if you use black and white.

Edit: From holga's site:

I'm afraid to say that until this very moment they have been closed. The unassuming Holga is here to save you from a future of digital pixels and images shared on small screens on cameras or phones. We have all become numbed with photography, there is no denying it, but a chunky camera made almost entirely of plastic has been put on this Earth to save us. It will reawaken your vision, fill you with joy, make you see beauty when you thought it had disappeared forever, and bring out sunshine on a cloudy day.

The unassuming Holga is here to save the analogue junky in a digital world. You no longer have to fear a future of digital pixels and images shared on small camera screens or phones. A chunky camera made almost entirely of plastic has been put on this Earth to save us.If you like this ‘cult classic’ or plastic cameras, have a look at the new Diana Mini. The 60’s trend of handy sized half-frame photography is back! With the convenience of 35mm and the ability to switch to the rare square format.

Each of us are entitled to our own opinions some people dig em some dont as long as flicks are still getting posted i dont mind.

man i love when i have these days when i have flicks to post i had been on a dry spell the last few weeks

5124112607_e278a3974f.jpg

5123806075_e7c0eac135.jpg

5124409600_06b863a1f0.jpg

5124409412_b2aeac856d.jpg

5124409266_3dfd4037a8.jpg

oh snap and i were chilling as this dude walked by playin the theme song from sesame street.

Spaceman that's a really funny thing you've found there from Lomo's site. Cause they have in fact gone digital as well. Ineresting. But yeah the only trade off that I'm down with the whole holga deal: at least he's having fun, cool. & at least he's buying 120 film and supporting that market.

69828_454080467973_595912973_5340678_5264854_n.jpg