The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Yea, I liked that shot myself, the corners kinda throw it off a little but not enough to kill it.

Also, MOAR cheerleader shots Sir Houston.

Wait , those white corners are not on flickr. I think the white just blends in with the background on flickr (so I didn't realize it)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/catfoodicecream/5002233534/

ep33qrtr.jpg

lineup2.jpg

ep3subby.jpg

dustyvuu.jpg

vuucamber.jpg

is300rear.jpg

just a few from a couple nights ago.

So I pre Ordered this Camera. I had originally thought I was going to get the D90, but I saw that this, lower but still good quality model will be out at the end of this month, so I went with it. Shoots 1080 @24, where the D90 shootin 720 @ 25 frames. I think its decent for the price.

From what I have read, it still has the quality Nikon parts and I look forward to owning my first DSLR. been waiting a few years for one.

730200.jpg

Bought the 2 lense kit. comes with

3x 18-55mm /3.5-5.6G and 3.6x 55-200mm f/4-5.6G

definitely thinking about picking this up as my first, sucks these things are just like ipods, fresh ass upgrades every year and shit...

Yea, I agree that upgrades are probably only worthwhile on a 3 year rotation at best.

I think the majority of the hype surrounding the entry level SLR's is marketing.

Also, dropping a little extra for a body with a focus motor can save money since non auto lenses cost less plus it opens up a lot of lens choices.

The one thing that I do think makes an upgrade worth while is the video capabilities on newer SLR's especially for journalism.

I don't think it has a downside as far as the photo's quality goes and opens up new options for a photographer to explore.

Mayor Mean beans linked me to a pretty dope video a photographer made of Obama using footage shot "like a photographer".