The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
You guys talking to me? It's Clingman's Dome, the highest point in the Smoky Mountains. It's in Tennessee.

And thanks Mercer! (if you're talking to me). You're one of my favorite posters in the thread, means a lot

those are real nice. looks like an awesome place to hike.

So I pre Ordered this Camera. I had originally thought I was going to get the D90, but I saw that this, lower but still good quality model will be out at the end of this month, so I went with it. Shoots 1080 @24, where the D90 shootin 720 @ 25 frames. I think its decent for the price.

From what I have read, it still has the quality Nikon parts and I look forward to owning my first DSLR. been waiting a few years for one.

730200.jpg

Bought the 2 lense kit. comes with

3x 18-55mm /3.5-5.6G and 3.6x 55-200mm f/4-5.6G

i know there aren't too many fans of band stuff in here, but i'm happy with how some of these came out. this is from about a month before i moved out of florida, so sometime in june or july.

and watermark, sorry, blah blah, et cetera.

4722009451_4325db5e1c_z.jpg

4722661454_1f93c4b898_z.jpg

4722009249_2ddc1a85a8_z.jpg

if any of you listen to hardcore, my cool brag for the day is that the guy singing along on the right is the vocalist for shai hulud.

• Like 1

i guess while we're on band photography here's 2 that i took at burning love and coliseum the other night. my camera and flash were acting all weird i think probably because the flash batteries are low, so i didn't get anything that amazing...

4986624559_127aa8295d_b.jpg

4986614775_6ab881c5b3_b.jpg

the rest are on my flickr if anyone wants to check em out...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/loseryouthcrew

Turn the white balance either to flash, or manually up to a warm temp, and bounce it off the ceiling or use ttl.

Setting up your camera and flash to commander mode is usually the best since the on camera acts as a fill and the SB-600 is the main light source.

Hitting the subject straight on from the shoe is also good if there is enough ambient light and you're not at a high aperture and 1/250 sec.

For more ambient and less flash in the shot lengthen the exposure time.

ive shot with an SB600 in dark places and the photos suck mainly because ive had a hard time learning how to use it either of you have any tips on how to use the flash in dark places?

What Mercer said, basically. If you're shooting things that aren't fast moving- bounce that shit. If you're shooting bands or whatnot, aim that head on. What I've seen and had suggested by a few other users, at least for live band shots, is to use your flash wireless and hold that in one hand and your camera in the other to get more interesting light effects.