The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i'm glad meanbeans is catching on - i need to hit up raven on a name change haha..

to be a little bit more specific: schools love to hear "my photos talk about the decline of the community", when its really just a photograph of a highway, etc.

not saying that you should do that, personally i think alot of that is bullshit. it seems you bench a lot - why not do a project along these lines: "politicians often talk about the need to secure our transportation infrastructure - ports, railyards etc. Yet billions of dollars later, I can take these pictures of railyards, completely unimpeded."

i read an interview with a really famous photographer the other week and he talked a lot about how the proliferation of camera tech means that anyone with half a brain can take a nice picture. what it takes now to be a photographer is a storytelling capacity - the ability to take a series of photographs that taken together, evoke a theme, message or something that really makes the viewer stop and say, "wow - never thought of it like that before"

everyone has seen flyover highways. your job is to answer the question, 'so what?'

• Like 1

word. thanks. any other feedback would be great. anyone? i really want to get into school to learn a little more and get that constructive criticism.

Im in school right now and what i noticed is that if you already know a little about the field you are studying, then the rest is just gonna be constructive criticism and also some tips that you might not have known from your instructors. But i do believe that it can make a good photographer better if you take some classes. Im actually surprised you haven't gone to school, I've been seeing your flicks for years now, and they have progressed, but always been good.

If you go to school, Id suggest asking your instructor to go over what you might wanna learn ahead of time, Ive noticed they are open to ideas like that at my school. Good Luck.

Took pictures at a show last night, pretty much first time shooting music with my SB600. Tips from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

4978950718_fd5c348773_z.jpg

4978339949_fbc03fe99f_z.jpg

4978944526_242dab2667_z.jpg

During this band another guy was shooting with flash units on tripods, so I got some interesting double exposure stuff. He was real cool though, let me try out his 50mm f/1.4. So dope.

4978940888_673039a360_z.jpg

4978941944_3bf3bf5ff1_z.jpg

4978329891_9425d6c228_z.jpg