The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Want to offer my condolences in advance, these photos are prettttty graphic.

So there is this dog that lives in my building, nominally it is supposed to protect but in reality it just barks at strangers. About a month ago it got knocked up. Then, some nonprofit came through, offering to spay and neuter dogs and cats for free. The dog's owner didn't want a shit ton of puppies on her hands, so she went ahead and asked them to abort the puppies. PUPPY ABORTION. The worst of it? Her name is Suerte [Lucky] --

4828918080_58c93d2645_b.jpg

Knocked out from the anesthesia.

4828918140_b0c1ba7b06_b.jpg

Feeling it out to see how advanced the puppies' development was.

4828918196_ab0b1c422f_b.jpg

One of the vets takes a break. In four hours, they spayed and neutered 77 cats and dogs, in addition to this abortion.

4828918246_15daeaec3f_b.jpg

4828918294_c8869ab928_b.jpg

Each one of those lumps would've been a puppy...

4828918380_430fd8a3c8_b.jpg

After they had taken out all of them, they went to put it in a plastic bag. Unfortunately, the bag had a hole in the bottom that they were unaware of. And it all went crashing down to the floor.

4828918446_e76e450703_b.jpg

Gross.

4828310573_0df9cee344_b.jpg

After it's been stitched back up.

4828918520_de6074576c_b.jpg

Taking it off the gurney and to an area where it can sleep off the anesthesia. It still has an IV in it.

4828918580_a501cb3e31_b.jpg

Waking up from the anesthesia.

Want to stress that this looks pretty gruesome, but it was actually probably for the best. the dog has some tick disorder that made it blind in one eye and pretty weak. If it gave birth it probably would have died, so would have the puppies. Still, I feel pretty bad for it. I can hear it moaning from the pain right now.

PS. it all happened in an unused room in the building complex I live in. 77 cats and dogs lost their babymakers. in four hours. in my house. fuck. I have a lot more photos from it, not all of them gross/sad. I'll post those up later.

• Like 2

I really wish I'd gotten a longer exposure of her though.

The exposure was what did it for me, the amount of highlights on her face could have gone up but the amount of black in the photo was just right.

I guess in an academic sense it was under, but in a more artistic sense that exposure gives enough info to feel the expression without looking controlled.

I really like that relaxed looking down expression lately with a lot of eyelid facing almost out of frame.

Been trying to find/take a shot like that myself and have ideas for it but I've been slacking/busy lately.