Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Photography Thread


MrChupacabra

Recommended Posts

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking about getting a monopod to carry with me, the tripod is cool but you know,

it's bulky and blah blah....

 

what do you guys think? is it pretty stable? it looks a little shaky to me...

but it looks alot easier and accesible.... someone give me some feedback main...

 

optimus damn, always on point b, philth, coffee, jbrsh great stuff from everyone... :king:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by cantinflas@Apr 1 2006, 12:13 AM

I've been thinking about getting a monopod to carry with me, the tripod is cool but you know,

it's bulky and blah blah....

 

what do you guys think? is it pretty stable? it looks a little shaky to me...

but it looks alot easier and accesible.... someone give me some feedback main...

 

optimus damn, always on point b, philth, coffee, jbrsh great stuff from everyone... :king:

 

A monopod isn't used to reduce camerashake, it's there so you don't get nerve damage holding up that 600mm f/4.0 lens for extended amounts of time. It won't reduce camera shake significantly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by JJC@Mar 31 2006, 11:42 PM

A monopod isn't used to reduce camerashake, it's there so you don't get nerve damage holding up that 600mm f/4.0 lens for extended amounts of time. It won't reduce camera shake significantly.

 

ahhh!

thank you sir! pardon my ignorance...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This page is killer.

 

CACashRefund: loving the Red's Java House.

saintseiya: the colors on that smokestack photo are super intense, I love it.

CEKONE: those last two long exposure shots are crazy good.

optimus_prime: those skyline/night shots are awesome. the detail of the lights really grab me for some reason.

jbrshmonster: how did you get the white so vibrant in that cab shot? whenever I do black and white that has a lot of white in it, it always looks dull and gray.

 

Everyone is killin' it in here, hopefully I'll have some new stuff to post this weekend.

 

And congrats on RIT Rage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

congrats rage!

 

I've got a fashion shoot for a friend tommorow, so I went ahead and booked a hassy kit. 500cm body with 2 backs, and 50mm f4, 80mm f2.8, and 150mm f4 lenses. I'm in fucking love with this thing. I can already see myself sinking $1500 into a medium format kit. bankruptcy here I come. if all goes well I should have some scans to post by next weekend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Philth215@Apr 1 2006, 09:38 PM

i dont know what RIT is but congrats..

rage are you my age?

im goin to temple next year

 

 

Yea, as coffee said, it's Rochester Institute of Technology in NY.

BIG ass photo department.

 

I'm 24, so probably a bit older.

Should be funny to go back to college and start all over again.

Oh well. At least I'll pay attention this time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by ese@Apr 1 2006, 10:59 PM

congrats rage!

 

I've got a fashion shoot for a friend tommorow, so I went ahead and booked a hassy kit. 500cm body with 2 backs, and 50mm f4, 80mm f2.8, and 150mm f4 lenses. I'm in fucking love with this thing. I can already see myself sinking $1500 into a medium format kit. bankruptcy here I come. if all goes well I should have some scans to post by next weekend.

 

I know! Medium format is such a step up from 35mm. I've been working with an old yashica-mat tlr and even that hunk of junk makes me wonder why I even invested the 100 odd dollars into the other hunkofjunk that is my nikon FE.

 

Rage, Congratulations my dude! I've heard great things about RIT. How's the tuition? Me, I'm trying out for the Fashion institute next year- being a SUNY and all I hope it won't be too expensive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...