The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

You've got some light leaks.

Try a couple thick rubber bands around the camera and some black electrical tape on the edges.

Also, looks like some of the pics are overlaping. Make sure you see the numbers correctly on the back of the Holga when you advance the film.

^^^ what rage says is on point. you can also duct tape the fuck out of those things to take care of light leaks. mine looked like a big street hockey puck or something.

but that 4th one (the blurred out face) is interesting... i think i like it for some reason that i can't quite figure out, due in large part to dollar pints of yeungling.

Originally posted by thecarwreck@Jan 26 2006, 07:33 PM

^^^ what rage says is on point. you can also duct tape the fuck out of those things to take care of light leaks. mine looked like a big street hockey puck or something.

but that 4th one (the blurred out face) is interesting... i think i like it for some reason that i can't quite figure out, due in large part to dollar pints of yeungling.

yo ill PM you th ereal version of it later

Originally posted by Philth215@Jan 26 2006, 11:44 PM

yo ill PM you th ereal version of it later

wooooooooooord. can't wait.

More on the Pier stuff:

The couple walking shot is nice... good tones, but I'd toy around with the cropping a little. It feels like there should be less something there—sky or boardwalk, I don't know which. The only reason I say that (besiders personal preference) is because I remember reading a "how to fix this photo" article in some photo mag a while back that was basically all about the same photo: a couple walking a boardwalk.

Essentially, the article really helped my thinking about 'dead space' in a photo—the places where the image isn't doing and "work" so to speak. Now I'm a good 50 years away from mastering the idea, but it just feels like you've got some dead stuff going on here.

I don't know, just a thought that's not much help now that I think about it....