The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by thecarwreck+Jan 22 2006, 07:33 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (thecarwreck - Jan 22 2006, 07:33 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-pinkheadband@Jan 22 2006, 02:15 AM

ok. i took a basic photopgraphy course way back in high school, but viewing this thread makes me wanna get back into it. i've got a half-assed cam that i could use if i can remember how to. can someone direct me to a decent site to refresh my memory.

any help thats not a diss would be appreciated.

unlike the rest of the threads on 12oz, asking for help here won't get you torn apart. we're nice like that.

here are a few that i found real quick from google doing a "photo basics" search:

one

Two

Three

Four

Five

SixSixSix

Seven

Any of the major manufactures have tutorials and how-tos on their sites... kodak, fuji, canon, nikon... just look around.

[/b]

Also, if you know of any photography/camera shops in your area, they usually have a ton of books on all sorts of thing.

Compostions, filter usage, lighting, equipment, film types, etc...

I've never run into a problem just sitting down and reading a little bit of the book there as long as I purchase some film or a filter or something while I'm at the shop near me.

-fuse.

just got my first prints back from the holga..

none of them reallly came out and it cost me like 13 bucks plus the roll of film...

im pretty sure it was on the "b" setting so the shutter was open too long with out a tripod plus the film was low sensitivity (i forget what number)

01_0001.jpg

ill have better stuff later tho..

(if only it didnt cost so much money!!!)

cekone- i like the last two. i esp like the texture on the wood. next time when posting images, hit a couple spacebars between your pictures. this way they wont be sqwished together.

cacash- what camera did you get?

ckit- was your film a high ISO? looks grainy and pretty high contrast. i like the one of the road, the phone, and the shadow/window. the phone looks really blwon out, was it overexposed?

philth- you can cut down costs by not gettting prints and only getting negitives and/or a contact/proof sheet. this way, you can see what pictures you want prints of. the only problem is if you decide you want prints of all of them, then it will be more expensive. UNLESS, you know someone or can print color prints yourself.

Originally posted by CACashRefund@Jan 23 2006, 09:25 PM

I got an Olympus EVOLT E500 8MP Digital SLR with a Zuiko 14-45mm Digital SLR Lens

i bought one of those last week!

the two photos in my last post were taken with it.

i like it so far but havent had the chance to really mess around with it yet.

let me know how you like yours.

Originally posted by dear sas@Jan 24 2006, 02:23 AM

ckit- was your film a high ISO? looks grainy and pretty high contrast. i like the one of the road, the phone, and the shadow/window. the phone looks really blwon out, was it overexposed?

it was the developer i used. my photo editor mixed it wrong and it turned about 8 rolls of mine into grainy/high contrasty messes. :(

Originally posted by thecarwreck+Jan 23 2006, 03:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (thecarwreck - Jan 23 2006, 03:51 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Philth215@Jan 23 2006, 03:30 PM

just got my first prints back from the holga..

none of them reallly came out...

if you mean none came out at all, then that sucks. but if you mean none came out good, remember: holgas are supposed to look shitty.

[/b]

nah man, they just didnt come out lol.. its somethin new for me , next ones will look ight tho

im mad hyped about it and i really wanna get into film, it jsut seems like i know a lot more about photography now..

and dear sas : thanks for the advice man

Originally posted by jbrshmonster+Jan 22 2006, 08:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jbrshmonster - Jan 22 2006, 08:58 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-loseryouthcrew@Jan 21 2006, 09:04 PM

.Untitled-5.jpg

for the record this shit is ill..

[/b]

thanks dude. i appreciate everyones feedback. i'll hopefully be picking up a medium format camera this weekend and shooting some more pictures.