The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i'm contemplating selling my f100 and getting a dslr instead. as much as i love that camera, i just don't have the time or motivation to be developing my own shit these days. hell, i can't even find the motivation to drop off a roll to get the negs developed and then after that i also have to find the motivation to scan them. I've always advocated film over digital, but i might have to give in.

Chups: I was militantly anti-digital for a good 10 years ('95 really started the whole thing) and swore I'd NEVER get rid of film....

I am man enough to admit when I am wrong.

Since getting a DSLR, I have not picked up a roll of film, let alone shot one. Digital kills it, period. Now I'm like some born-again christian when it comes to "witnessing" for digital... anyone who is even slightly annoyed with the shit that goes on between clicking the shutter and holding the finished photos needs to make the switch. Hell, it's not like you're going to forget how to shoot traditional....

I say go for it... I doubt you'll be sorry.

Originally posted by GraffLondon+Jan 16 2006, 10:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GraffLondon - Jan 16 2006, 10:31 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Ckit@Jan 16 2006, 08:25 PM

the link on the photos kill it. and it looks like you could invest in a higher resolution camera as well.

The photo's I have been posting are very old. Ive actually got a very good cam but just never carry it everywhere i go. Like i said Im no expert, but just taking part.

[/b]

well the ones you posted arent completely bad or anything. id like a couple if it werent for the links.

Originally posted by thecarwreck@Jan 16 2006, 04:05 PM

Since getting a DSLR, I have not picked up a roll of film, let alone shot one. Digital kills it, period. Now I'm like some born-again christian when it comes to "witnessing" for digital... anyone who is even slightly annoyed with the shit that goes on between clicking the shutter and holding the finished photos needs to make the switch. Hell, it's not like you're going to forget how to shoot traditional....

Car wreck, you got any links to some cheap dslr cameras? I know nothing about digital because I was always against it, but I think Im gonna cross over if I can afford one.

thanks.

polaroid explosion. awesome.

as for DLSRs on the cheap, it's tricky. now that the medium has gotten so popular, people are dropping scams left and right--independently and in the greater public arenas (read: ebay). your best bet is to either go used through a reputable dealer (B&H is always good) or look around at the bigger places for some sales/rebates. all the big names go through some serious deals every month or so and most of the time the maunfacturers will tack on some stuff too.

if you're anxious and don't feel like waiting around, any of the "clearinghouse"-type sites (newegg, pricegrabber, and even overstock) are probably fairly safe. as with anything: if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

hey for home work for photography i gota do abit of research on a black and white photographer

can any1 give me some names of some peeps to look at , i remmber seeing on here a while ago a link to some guy that takes piks of street thigns like crakheads and stuff.

any black and white photographer links would b helpfull thanks alot =)

Originally posted by asew6@Jan 17 2006, 12:06 PM

hey for home work for photography i gota do abit of research on a black and white photographer

can any1 give me some names of some peeps to look at , i remmber seeing on here a while ago a link to some guy that takes piks of street thigns like crakheads and stuff.

any black and white photographer links would b helpfull thanks alot =)

his name is boogie. so ill

http://artcoup.com/movie.html

Yo, the Colorpacks are still useable.

They take peel-apart films like 669, 664, and 667.

Make sure you check the battery cavity to make sure there are no old batteries and/or decay or corrosion.

Just open the back of the camera and look in the middle, where the lens is. There should be a little tab to open the battery holder.

They take two AA batteries.

Originally posted by -Rage-@Jan 17 2006, 06:22 PM

Yo, the Colorpacks are still useable.

They take peel-apart films like 669, 664, and 667.

Make sure you check the battery cavity to make sure there are no old batteries and/or decay or corrosion.

Just open the back of the camera and look in the middle, where the lens is. There should be a little tab to open the battery holder.

They take two AA batteries.

sounds good. it actually still has film in it, so i tried taking a couple of shots. one didn't develop at all, and the other was a solid maroonish color. i bet the film is just expired though. once i come across some spare cash, i'll get a pack of film and see what kind of results i can get.