The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

So since I'm relatively broke, and after seeing the quality that a good film slr will give you, I think I've decided to save up for a nice film slr and shoot film. The quality that a decent film slr will give you is equivilant to a wayyyyyyy expensive dslr, and I just don't have that kind of money yet. I'm considering the canon elan 7e

hey guys dope flix i gotta question for you guys that have used the canon 20d and the nikon d70... i am looking into these. the main reason i am thinking about that 20d is in the winter i shoot a lot of skiing and the 20d will allow me to get more frames per sec for the sequences but i guess thats only one rsn i guess but if you have used either i would love ot hear pros n cons and anything else you might add... Thanks!

I might go grab some slide film tommorow

Just to re-cap, when I want to get them printed I ask for a "c41 process" ?

you dont have to say all that..

just get it processed like normal film...

take it to a good camera store or ritz or wolf..

dont go to walmart or CVS or anything..

you want good quality photos...

(i dont ever get prints made....i tell them NO PRINTS, HI RES SCANNED TO A DISC)

yeah thats cool Pffffffffftface.. cool idea

sometimes people (cvs, eckerds, and the like) will bitch about cross processing saying it ruins the chemicals for the rest of the "regular" photos.

you can tell them to suck it or tell them to do it at the end of the day. either will work.

here's two randoms.

218151104_72243a9cbb_o.jpg

218151105_188d8cadf0_o.jpg

kinda blah.

but sky blue borders by accident.

personally i won't take my slide film to be processed anywhere but a real lab..where photography is what they do specifically. you're way more likely to have someone run your stuff through that actually knows what they're doing. and you might tell someone at a ritz or wherever you want a disc, and specify hi res, but god knows what youll end up getting. i've had bad luck at even ritz before, struggling to get any kind of help behind the counter. some girl gave me mad attitude because she didn't know what a fixed focal length lens was, and her manager told me a fixed 50mm 1.4 didn't exist at all. so my advice is if your photos are worth anything to you, you're better off trusting a place where they know their business and do it well, no matter what you need done...

I got a cd made at cvs the other day. So you're saying if you go to a ritz camera you can ask for hi res and it'll actually be a difference?

its all about the quality of the scan..

when a photo is scanned at a higher res. the quality is better. it actually looks like it wasnt scanned.

about VV's comment..

luckily i get the hook up at a camera store that a friend works at..

so i know what to expect.