The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

havent posted in ages, but I should have some new stuff in a day or two. I picked up two old cameras yesterday for a few bucks, gonna run a roll or two through and see how it goes. One is a Zeiss-Ikon Symbolica, which was kind of a precursor to the modern point and shoots....but with a fucking zeiss lens. The other is some kind of Leica copy called a "Ranger 35" with a Gendis 35mm f3.5 lens, cant really find any info on that one.

heres a photo of the Symbolica from a vintage camera site:

symbolica.jpg

after my last post I went out and shot a quick roll with it. You adjust the dial so that the light meter in the viewfinder is in the centre to get a correct exposure. the light meter is shot, but when you look at the dial you can figure out what fstop and shutter settings can be selected, you just have to guess at what the right exposure is. and the focusing is a bit of guesswork being that its a rangefinder and all. most of the roll was out of focus or underexposed, but the good shots definately made me glad I picked the camera up!

cart.jpg

pants.jpg

pocky.jpg

legz.jpg

ride a bike:

I like that still life. It's very Caraavagio. I was talking to a product photographer the other day about lighting jewelry and he sets up mirrors in various areas to refract the light. That might help you create a more dynamic composition. Just a thought.....

Nice work everyone.

3rd picture lady looks kind of cute, is that you?

on that note, girl photographers are probably the sexiest girls in the world.

the last two are pretty kick ass also.

annnd...ill be getting a digital sometime in the near future. what size memory should i get for a 10mp camera?

i was thinking either two 1gb right up front or getting 2gb right now and then another 2gb in a couple weeks or so. any suggestions?

3rd picture lady looks kind of cute, is that you?

on that note, girl photographers are probably the sexiest girls in the world.

the last two are pretty kick ass also.

annnd...ill be getting a digital sometime in the near future. what size memory should i get for a 10mp camera?

i was thinking either two 1gb right up front or getting 2gb right now and then another 2gb in a couple weeks or so. any suggestions?

Get a 2gb from newegg.com, they're cheap.

This may seem a very naive question to most of you, so i apologise in advance, however if anyone is feeling generous enough to offer me a non sarcastic response then please do. I was wondering what is the best way to go about taking panoramic shots, for example the night time scenes that Ride a Bike has taken. Any help or explanation is greatly appreciated!

I just saw every photographers dream apartment today. hardwood floors, exposed brick walls, large wooden framed sliding windows big enough to lie down in, plus a common access rooftop with a view of the sea of condos and office buildings to one side, and the harbour and mountain ranges on the other. I didnt get a chance to use the roof (theres a perfect setup there that I'm dying to use) but the apartment itself was great to shoot in. I'll have some of the photos up tommorow, dont have time just now.