The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Maybe go with the d50--that's what it's looking like I will do. I've heard good things and its cheap.

Word to that. The D50 is probably the best "advanced amateur" camera out right now. Plus Nikon's optics are the best you'll get without dropping at least $1500. User friendly and a breeze to learn, too. Plus you can get them on the cheap from a lot of online spots... under $600 in some cases.

(PS: 4GB CF card... fuck!)

Word to that. The D50 is probably the best "advanced amateur" camera out right now. Plus Nikon's optics are the best you'll get without dropping at least $1500. User friendly and a breeze to learn, too. Plus you can get them on the cheap from a lot of online spots... under $600 in some cases.

(PS: 4GB CF card... fuck!)

Thank carwreck and Issac for the tips.

I actually just got a $1,000 check from my grandmother as a congrats for getting into college (again) towards a new camera.

So, if I sell my 8700, I'm more than certain I can get a top of the line model.

Or something a little lower with more lenses, etc.

And yes, a 4GB card.

I almost invested in an 8GB card until I found out that they are not compatible with the 8700.

The Sandisk 4G CF Ultra II only cost me $189.

Thank carwreck and Issac for the tips.

I actually just got a $1,000 check from my grandmother as a congrats for getting into college (again) towards a new camera.

So, if I sell my 8700, I'm more than certain I can get a top of the line model.

Or something a little lower with more lenses, etc.

And yes, a 4GB card.

I almost invested in an 8GB card until I found out that they are not compatible with the 8700.

The Sandisk 4G CF Ultra II only cost me $189.

How many photos can a dslr hold with something like 1gb? If I am to buy a dslr, I am not going to have extra money laying around, so I'd probably have to go with something smaller than 4gb, but I want a decent amount.

Re: switch to flickr???

im trying to host through flickr. help anyone?

you need to use the static address. click on your photo in flickr, and hit the "all sizes" button. at the bottom of the all sizes page there's a "Grab the URL" box. Copy, paste.

or you can just right-click (or command-click for mac) on your image and open it in a new window that'll have the static URL.

and then go HERE and get down.

PICT0206.jpg

PICT0208.jpg

PICT0037.jpg

PICT0074.jpg

I'm new here.. working with a semi decent 5MP camera and an external flash thats not compaitble with my camera.. thus its a trade off.. gotta use a slow shutter speed so I can manually trigger the flash in time (usually 1/6th of a second or slower) and have to guess a good apeture in relation to how far I hold the flash from the subject.. aka.. ghetto as hell way to take pics