The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

both, actually.

a lot of the pictures from a couple previous roles came out slightly out of focus, and I realized that it was because it's actually really hard to focus the lens. I took a few rolls this weekend paying extra attention to the focus, I'm gonna print this week and hopefully they'll be in focus. Otherwise, bad news.

I took approximately one grip of pictures today, but found out that the only way for me to get my b&w film developed is to either do it myself (which seems more and more like a good idea) or wait for a week while the film studio sends it off to get developed off site.

Something about no one shoots b&w anymore.

So in a week I might actually have something worth posting in here.

In the meantime though, I'll panic about how my film is doing.

-fuse.

yo pffft -

i got some holga shots cross processed, i used 100 asa slide film, and the results were realllllly dull, i havent seen the prints yet but ill post them when i get them... the guy at the place i go said i should take things that are vibrantly colored to begin with, but inoticed in your shots it seemed like some of the stuff wasnt even that vibrant but still produced a really cool effect.. any tips??

These are some digitals I took in DC on Sept. 24 at the HUGE anti-war rally/concert. There were so many people there, I don't know the exact number, but it was the largest protest to be held in DC since the Vietnam war. Intense shit.

DSCN0737.JPG

DSCN0746.JPG

This is my friend fucking with a anti-protest protester. They had a priest reading from the bible on a megaphone.

DSCN0736.JPG

DSCN0738.JPG

DSCN0743.JPG

DSCN0741.JPG

DSCN0730.JPG

oh yeah, my digital was broken at the time, so excuse the black blurs on the two edges (so irritating!)

Thanks guys.

The feedback everyone gives is always on point. No matter who it's too or from.

Great opinions and help all around.

Johnny, it's really whatever you have lying around.

I use flashlights, but you can really use anything that lights up.

Cell phones, iPods, matches, etc...

Originally posted by Philth215@Feb 22 2006, 09:56 PM

yo pffft -

i got some holga shots cross processed, i used 100 asa slide film, and the results were realllllly dull, i havent seen the prints yet but ill post them when i get them... the guy at the place i go said i should take things that are vibrantly colored to begin with, but inoticed in your shots it seemed like some of the stuff wasnt even that vibrant but still produced a really cool effect.. any tips??

yes already somewhat bright colors works better because it pops them off really well..

reds, greens, yellows, oranges i have found pop the best.

also, out door will give you better results.

one thing is for sure...you NEVER know what you are going to get when cross proccessing. ive had plenty of things that didnt come out like i wanted them and things that i didnt expect to pop that did.. i guess thats the beauty of it (or the ugly side of it) however you wanna look at it.

like this one..

the green part of my boot is a hunter green..the lace part is kinda of a washed out pale yellow with hunter green..look how it turned out.

(using macro lens)

81281322_191a19e354.jpg

- kodak select series

elite chrome 400 speed

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

heres a few of the cross process results, like i said earlier, they are really dull, but im thinking about using my tripod for the next roll and exposing each picture twice to the same thing..

if anyone is wondering i keep taking pictures of that same light poll just as reference i guess, they come out better each time and its good to compare them and whatnot..