The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Philth215@Feb 18 2006, 01:43 PM

im lookin for some constructive criticism or tips .. im tryin to get more vertical and horizontal lines straight, sometimes it seems like if one if my vertical lines are straight, my horizontal lines are off, and vice versa... but i dont even think that makes sense..

If you are really set on making it look perfect you should get a perspective correction lens.

They are used for architectural photography.

I have no idea how to use them.

I just read your problem and remembered reading about a lens that corrects that a long time ago.

-fuse.

oh shit, perspective correction leses are ILL. crazy expensive though. they basically have a half-wide bend to push the upper half (or wherever you locate it) of the frame out, correcting long verticals that merge and essestially erasing the vanishing point.

you can do the same shit in photoshop and it's a lot easier than dropping $4000.

Pffffffffffffft... Asian kid in the birds = FIRE. (plus he's got brown New Balance on)

Originally posted by ourladyqueenofsorrows@Feb 18 2006, 02:40 PM

Pfffffffffft the colors in some those are out of this world. Great shots all around. What type of camera do you use?

cannon rebel 2000..

thanks for all the positive feedback..

the quality could look better but they werent scanned on a high res scanner.

Originally posted by fuse=--action@Feb 18 2006, 03:54 PM

Hey Pffffffffft, are you using a filter at all or an effect on the camera, or what?

I really dig the colors, and I'm curious if there's a trick to it.

-fuse.

just using low speed slide film (ektagraphic and E-6) cross processed with lots of patience and practice..

natural light makes all the dif.

Originally posted by thecarwreck@Feb 18 2006, 02:56 PM

oh shit, perspective correction leses are ILL. crazy expensive though. they basically have a half-wide bend to push the upper half (or wherever you locate it) of the frame out, correcting long verticals that merge and essestially erasing the vanishing point.

you can do the same shit in photoshop and it's a lot easier than dropping $4000.

Pffffffffffffft... Asian kid in the birds = FIRE. (plus he's got brown New Balance on)

Here's a quick tutorial on how to do it in photoshop.

-fuse.

nice pictures pffffft, some of those were really great.

does a wider lens tend to cause more distortion in general?

I had a 35mm lens on a manual cam. but it broke, so I got a 28mm lens, and I feel like it causes more distortion than the 35 did. Also, this shit is incredibly hard to focus. WHATS THE DEAL???

Originally posted by thecarwreck@Feb 20 2006, 07:33 AM

^^^ definitely.  a 28mm is something like 40% wider than a 35 and will distort that much more.  Take a look at the difference between 38 and 12...  cripes.  hell, look at any skate video from the last 5 years and you'll see the proliferation of the infmous "death lens".

thanks a lot for answering my question.

I wish I had known this before.

edit: would there be any reason that the 28mm would be harder to focus than the 35mm? or is that just something specific to this lens?