The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by ourladyqueenofsorrows@Feb 16 2006, 02:01 PM

Who is he?

I don't know why I laughed. I feel like Jerry Falwell.. what the fuck.

Just one light source on those? Dope. I love shooting like that...just the look it gives the images... it's tough. The light from the right (the one with the hat) is "better"... not that eiter is bad, it just seems to work in a different way. Bleh, I can't do a crit on an empty stomach. I'll have to drop some portrait shit soon....

Originally posted by decu goldyn1@Feb 16 2006, 12:02 AM

cute.

I like your work philth. nice colors in that last one even though it's a mirror pic ha.

rage i love the pic of the hand and chin.

blah i can't wait till my polaroid cams get here already.

There's some fantastic pics within the last few pages props to you guys.

alright now i'll get off the nuts

yeah it looks like a color cast , im sure there might b a small one, but that room is orange as shit, my mom has these crazy ass lights (not the ones you can see in the picture) but its really orange in there

sorry , just wanted to clear that up

Originally posted by ourladyqueenofsorrows+Feb 16 2006, 03:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ourladyqueenofsorrows - Feb 16 2006, 03:01 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey Rage, is that the same guy from your "Day In The Life" photos? Who is he?

(Good shots by the way)

[/b]

He's my... umm.. "partner," if you will.

Originally posted by thecarwreck@Feb 16 2006, 04:01 PM

Just one light source on those?

Yes, for the first few I had just one crappy light on a second tripod.

I really don't have any fancy lighting equipment.

I often just use the lights that are in any given area.

<!--QuoteBegin-Philth215@Feb 16 2006, 04:26 PM

yeah it looks like a color cast , im sure there might b a small one, but that room is orange as shit,

Just wanted to throw this at you.

If you don't want it to be hella orange in that shot, you could try to preset the white balance before hand.

A lot of times I've seen yellow/orange/red photos from washed out lights. This can be corrected by simply settin gup the cameras white balance.

Somewhere on your camera should be an option to do so.

Get a white t-shirt, piece of paper, wall.. etc. and set the balance.

It's pretty easy and you'll have perfect colors.

hopefully im pickin up prints later this afternoon from the holga, and pickin up some slide film (if it came in yet) hopefully i'll have so stuff to post

that skateboarding flic is great, you caught it at the perfect time

its actually sortve hard to figure out, at first it looked like he was doin a huge backside flip over the entire thing or like he came up pretzel style or something, but now it looks like he came from the right side and did a heelflip over it??? lol fill me.. great shot tho

Originally posted by fuse=--action@Feb 18 2006, 12:33 PM

I know it's been asked before, but what are you shooting most of these with Philth?

-fuse.

canon powershot sd400

i also got a holga

does anyone on here own any other lomo camera's that they would or wouldnt recommend? im thinkin about getting one of those panoramic lomo , but im sortve hesitant cus the price..

Originally posted by Philth215+Feb 18 2006, 01:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Philth215 - Feb 18 2006, 01:43 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>sometimes it seems like if one if my vertical lines are straight, my horizontal lines are off, and vice versa...

[/b]

you're lens might be too wide. on the powershot i think the zoom is something like a 35-105mm (in analog terms) so if you're shoting in the 35 range, you'll get distortion. try backing up a few feet and zooming in instead. at worst you can crop the shitty stuff out later... but always frame larger than you need!

<!--QuoteBegin-Philth215@Feb 18 2006, 12:36 PM

does anyone on here own any other lomo camera's that they would or wouldnt recommend?

the panos are ok... and you can usually find them used pretty easily. i've got a communist-era lomo/lubitel 166 twin-lens that's always been fun:

Lubitel166B.jpg

haven't used it in a minute though...