The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Anyone in the greater Philadelphia area NEEDS to go check out the photo show at the Michner Museum in Doylestown. I saw it yesterday and was blown the fuck away:

Radical Vision: The Revolution in American Photography will explore the radical changes in American photography from the late 1940s through the late 1970s from the work of some of the best-known photographers of the time, as well as some important figures whose work deserves to be better known.

The decades after the Second World War were a time of incredible growth and change in the American photography scene. Parallel to the rise of Abstract Expressionism, American photography in the post-war years was marked by innovation and discovery and, like Abstract Expressionism, it made the United States the center of the art world in photography.

Recognized and championed chiefly by John Szarkowski at the Museum of Modern Art in New York, post-war American photographers from Robert Frank to Diane Arbus, from Lee Friedlander to Gary Winogrand, questioned both the old social order — in order to expose racism and alienation in our midst — and the old esthetic order in photography. Challenging the hegemony of the sharply focused print that exhibited a full range of tones from white through gray to black — championed by Ansel Adams and Edward Weston, among others — these photographers explored oblique framing, radical cropping, the use of the natural grain of the film, extreme close-ups, and subject matter that ranged from the disposed to the freakish to the oddly normal in American society.

Amazing stuff from the big names (and the not-so-big)... inspirational too. Check it: Radical Vision

Originally posted by Cheggit+Feb 6 2006, 03:41 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cheggit - Feb 6 2006, 03:41 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Philth215@Feb 6 2006, 01:10 AM

warehouse05-2.JPG

Did you get just a single of shot of this throwup?

The light shining down on it looks like it would make a good photo of just this wall

maybe from the same angle, just cropped or a front on shot

Nice shots anyway

[/b]

interesting advice, and i definately know exactly what you mean. i liked the black around the edges so i didnt wanna crop the door to the left out of the photo, i like the contrast but maby it clutters...

i couldve gotten it from the other angle and it wouldve been only the wall except i liked the door next to it but maby i shouldve just gotten one shot of each..

if i took a straight on shot i wouldve been up to my ankles in the water and i was wearing my work clothes, i will b more prepared next time