The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i say post the graff. many of these subjects have been done a hundred times over anyways. Those poloroid names have been overdone/posted in my opinion but im not saying take them off. if its taken with a camera its photography and belongs in the photo thread.

that shot with the pickles and the one with the man and boxes both kick ass. nice.

Originally posted by Ckit@Nov 29 2005, 05:56 PM

i say post the graff.  many of these subjects have been done a hundred times over anyways.  Those poloroid names have been overdone/posted in my opinion but im not saying take them off.    if its taken with a camera its photography and belongs in the photo thread.

Here's the thing.

I am possibly the ONLY person making those Polaroid names.

I mean in the world.

There are about half a BILLION people taking photographs of random graffiti.

Not here.

Not now.

forgive the nerdosity, but the thing with photographing graffiti and posting it for people who study/do graffiti is unless

you're a total champ with composition and have a primo eye, the photo can sometimes be basically

relegated to whatever the quality of the graff is, since we all instinctively and automatically

look right at the graffiti in the shot..not a diss or anything..i'm just sayin'..

rage, check your pm's please.....

Ok, I know there's graff in these shots. But it's not like writer's graff, you know? And I just thought a tiny percentage of you might recall the top photo posted here back in July, taken in February. And I also just thought a tiny percentage of you might enjoy the second shot taken just a couple days ago, for comparison's sake. That's what I thought anyway... :innocent:

trailerflag25fu.jpg

usa8ko.jpg

Near Buckeye, Arizona.

word up burlap.. i get it. there are ways to shoot graffiti that remove the 'look at this neato graffiti' aspect from the image... hell, i've posted images like that myself. but a straight shot of some piece is pretty much boring.

i'll get some shit up in the next few days. grading papes sucks the life out of you.

i was wondering if anybody knows of the polaroid camera that you can change the shutter speed on and shit like that....i searched it a while back online and came across it for like 50$ or something like that but cant find it...if you know of the name or where i can get it it would be appreciated....thanks

It's time to purchase a D-SLR.

Any reccomendations?

So far, the front runner seems to be the D50 (Nikon), I've read nothing but good reviews for it thus far, although I am considering a 20D (Canon). Both seem to have alot of good reviews, but the 20D has 8.2 MP compared to the 6.1 of the D50. I also believe I remember reading some stuff about Canons raw-file system stuff being annoying? I do plan on shooting alot with it, and in very low light conditions on the whole.

Has anyone done any printing with the D50? They claim that you get very good print results up to 11x14, and I really cant see myself going much larger than that.

Originally posted by ColorPurple@Nov 30 2005, 02:43 PM

i was wondering if anybody knows of the polaroid camera that you can change the shutter speed on and shit like that....i searched it a while back online and came across it for like 50$ or something like that but cant find it...if you know of the name or where i can get it it would be appreciated....thanks

Polaroid Land Camera (for Pack Film)

Models 180, 185, 190, or 195.

They will set you back upwards of $500 though.

Originally posted by Shark Hammil@Nov 30 2005, 02:03 PM

Any reccomendations?

the d50 is nice, but drop the $200 more and get the d70 or the new d70s. i've printed 20x42 from the latter and it was pretty damn clear (at 300 dpi). anything up to the 11x14 is crystal though, and you can tweak for stuff larger.

that said, i'm partial to nikons since getting a d70. i fucking love it, period. it's easy to learn too if you're all analog up to this point. i've read that the canon is a bit more diffivult in this regard, but it's really up to you. go to a shop and hold both, see which FEELS right for you. they're all sick cameras so you really can't lose.

Originally posted by thecarwreck+Nov 30 2005, 04:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (thecarwreck - Nov 30 2005, 04:46 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Shark Hammil@Nov 30 2005, 02:03 PM

Any reccomendations?

the d50 is nice, but drop the $200 more and get the d70 or the new d70s. i've printed 20x42 from the latter and it was pretty damn clear (at 300 dpi). anything up to the 11x14 is crystal though, and you can tweak for stuff larger.

that said, i'm partial to nikons since getting a d70. i fucking love it, period. it's easy to learn too if you're all analog up to this point. i've read that the canon is a bit more diffivult in this regard, but it's really up to you. go to a shop and hold both, see which FEELS right for you. they're all sick cameras so you really can't lose.

[/b]

I've read that the d50 and d70 are very comparable with the exception of perhaps 4-5 custom features, If I can save a little bit on the body and devote it into better lenses that would be ideal.

One of the downsides to the Nikons is that I've been told that theres no vertical grip/batt. packs available, which is definetly something I would like to invest in for any camera I own.

I've been shooting a Canon SLR for about 5 years now and enjoy it quite a bit.

I'll definetly be hitting up B+H to test out both before purchasing though.

Thanks everyone.

dt.jpg

I'm no photaghrapher, but I enjoy this thread a lot and I thought I'd add something, I took this photograph for a customer who wanted a picture of his truck on "his truck" , funny huh....o well, again, I'm no photoghrapher....its all point and shoot to me.