The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by -Rage-@Nov 24 2005, 09:48 AM

A) I suggest you post these in the Photography Thread, where they should be.

You'd get more views and replies.

B) They are okay.

I think they are lacking more light.

Use a tripod more. Some of them look as though they were hand held.

Try using a flash gun rather than some flashlights, if you have access to one.

Also, try lighting more than one corner.

Set the Bulb, walk around, light shit up. Just be sure not to put yourself between the light source and camera or your silloutte will be in the way.

Thankyou for the wonderful comments RAGE... but to get to the point if you look closely where the subject matter was taken you might realize how difficult it is to take shots there. Firstly it is completly dark -NO LIGHT WHAT SO EVER- SECONDLY - if you noticed the reason why you can see something in every photo is because there is a torch providing a partial amount of light to brighten up the Lime Stone walls, I knwo you Yanks no really nothing about the "Underground" but maybe if you try and take photo's of the subject matter what you see , maybe have a go at it...GOOD LUCK...

With the use of a flash gun I am not going to use one , ie: risk of damage -location-.... I used a tripod in every photograph you are seeing mate, the reason why it looks hand held is because my subject deliberatly moved to create a blur effect and set on a quick exposure time... thats the reason why ...

Otherwise, Australia is about 38c and I need a BEER!!!

I'd agree with rage here... they are OK. It's all well and good to shoot long exposures, but it almost feels like you're relying on that fact alone to make these "good" photos. While all the ingredients for an interesting shot are there--lighting, subject, exposure--it's not captured as well as it could be. Straight on shots down tunnels aren't interesting 99% of the time no matter how long your exposure is.

And don't jump to any conclusions about our knowledge of drains (and other "forbidden" areas)... there's a sufficiently large contingent of urban explorers/photographers in the U.S. who turn out some consistently sick images. Of course we all envy the Aus. drains.... lucky bastards :tongue: .

Theres some fucking gold in this thread

Originally posted by Biggus Dickus@Oct 21 2005, 02:29 PM

I haven't taken any pictures of people lately, but from past experience you can pretty much go up to anyone and ask them if you can take their picture, and they'll let you do it. If you don't want them posed, just take it anyway like 8onus said. Rarely will anyone care.

I have witnessed at least 2 people go absolulety crazy when a stranger takes their photo without asking. I don't really have the balls to do it myself

Originally posted by -Rage-@Nov 28 2005, 11:35 AM

Does anyone know how I would go about transfering processed slides to my computer?

My scanner does not have that function.

go to kinkos or some other place that has a computer lab setup.

I could scan them (I actually do have those capabilities), but then you'd have to wait and put your trust in the mail.

Originally posted by WhiteOx+Nov 28 2005, 08:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WhiteOx - Nov 28 2005, 08:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin--Rage-@Nov 28 2005, 05:35 PM

No Graff Pictures Please...

Take it to the yard.

Is this a new rule since my last visit to this thread?? explain yourself rather then trying to sound like a bouncer

[/b]

I'm not trying to sound like a asshole or anything.

We've all seen plenty of graffiti.

We don't need to see it here.

It's been a rule for almost as long as this thread has been created.

fr8

that beach pic is the shit.