The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

Originally posted by jbrshmonster@Nov 16 2005, 05:41 PM

rage- had a question regarding expired 665, you used any of that? i havent had much luck, everything is seriously dark. that photo of the tree up there, it's like 15 or so exposures. that seems to be the only way to get any image on, i even did like 5 14second exposures on one try and got jack shit. any ideas or is it just the luck of the expired film draw?

Never used 665 film before.

Only a few things come to mind that might be the problem.

A) Dead or dying battery in the Land Camera.

B) The cameras ISO isn't set at the correct format for the 665 film.. which is 3000, I think.

C) Maybe try a 300 ISO and/or longer exposures..

My guess would be the battery.

How old is the film?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i think its about 2 yrs past the date.

i only have b/w and color settings on this 104 so thats not it. but you're probably right, i forgot these things even take batteries.. what do you think would happen if i drop a 4.5 volt into a camera made for 3volt?

coffee- that clock picture is nicey.

carwreck- nice!

and discorporate, i think i've seen those before. still dope!

Originally posted by jbrshmonster@Nov 16 2005, 06:53 PM

what do you think would happen if i drop a 4.5 volt into a camera made for 3volt?

I don't think that will work.

If I'm correct, the 3v pos/neg connectors are too small for the 4.5v battery. Or vise versa.. I can't remember what it is, but the batteries aren't interchangable.

Although, any camera that takes the 4.5v can be easily modified to take a standard 9v battery. Twice the power!

Originally posted by thecarwreck+Nov 17 2005, 05:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (thecarwreck - Nov 17 2005, 05:45 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-8onus@Nov 16 2005, 11:01 PM

I NOMINATE THIS SHIT FOR HALL OF ILL. ANY TAKERS?

BY CKIT:

I'll second that.

[/b]

Third !!!!

I like the idea of the hall of fame for sure, good call 8onus !!!

Originally posted by ERIZENO+Nov 17 2005, 08:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ERIZENO - Nov 17 2005, 08:08 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by thecarwreck@Nov 17 2005, 05:45 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-8onus@Nov 16 2005, 11:01 PM

I NOMINATE THIS SHIT FOR HALL OF ILL. ANY TAKERS?

BY CKIT:

I'll second that.

Third !!!!

I like the idea of the hall of fame for sure, good call 8onus !!!

[/b]

hahahahah, thank you.

anyways, just got a job working for a newspaper, good deal too. i get paid and i get unlimited freeeeeeeee paper, chemicals and film. anyone ever work for a paper before and could give me some tips? its a weekly if that matters any.

more shit up soon, hopefully.

Originally posted by Ckit@Nov 18 2005, 11:20 AM

just got a job working for a newspaper, good deal too. i get paid and i get unlimited freeeeeeeee paper, chemicals and film. anyone ever work for a paper before and could give me some tips? its a weekly if that matters any.

I'm doing some freelancing for a weekly now... it's weird. I don't know your location but I think the big city weeklies are bound to be better than this little one. It's alright I guess, as long as you don't mind assignments (that might not always be interesting: like election coverage). Free supplies though, that's totally worth it.