The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

knim - those closeups are fuckin bad ass

erizeno and coffee - good flicks both of ya

heres some from yesterday... eventful outing actually.. i've noticed an increase in homeless remnants lately, and today i found what could be classified as a hobo hotel.. so many matresses, sleeping bags, coolers, bikes, etc.. there was a hobo there when i found it, i find most of them are either interesting or crazy as hell

alittle bit later walking along the tracks i stopped on a train bridge to get some pictures..then some old guy runs up the side of the tracks, all out of breath and shit, and said "why the hell have you been taking pictures of my house?" .. i proceeded to tell him what i was actually doing, and after he grumbled on like a douche bag for a bit all was good...

also saw a few freights go by, noticed some Risk 9 and SANE.. good day

some long exposures..

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_0964a.jpg

IMG_0954.jpg

train going past the old station

IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0900.jpg

can't really see much in this picture, but theres a lotta stuff there

IMG_0889.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0264difffday.jpg

another hobo gathering point

I was given an old Nikon Coolpix 990 with a broken zoom and autofocus. I didn't care about that though, I was just finally glad to have a camera to play with that I can do long night exposures with. The Sigma SD9 is an amazing camera for lots of things, but it is a finnicky bitch for night photography. Images get ruined with noise above 4 second exposures or so, but I don't have a fast enough lens to get away with anything less than that in most places.

Anyway, here are some night shots from the new/old Nikon.

DSCN4601_s.jpg

DSCN4597_s.jpg

DSCN4595_s.jpg

DSCN4593_s.jpg

DSCN4591_s.jpg

IMG04877_s.jpg

Wow. alot of you are awesome photographers. Great work! Here's some shit from my past work. Some are from film, some are digital. Right now I'm shooting digital. I'm shooting with a Canon Rebel XT and the kit lens (18-55mm) I plan to get my Canon 17-40mm L lens pretty soon. Anyways here's some of my work:

fh000031bw9ok.jpg

fh0000037wr.jpg

217lu.jpg

hill25lh.jpg

standow45ik.jpg

standown21rk.jpg

palohill70tc.jpg

5356150r1049233dx.jpg

fh0000082kv.jpg

img22310zo.jpg

I have alot more at my photoblog if you'd like to check out more of my work. http://www.livejournal.com/users/infinitrinity