The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by -Rage-@Jun 27 2005, 04:49 PM

dos, love the BMX shots.

i<3, your connectors might be too corroded to work.

If you want another camera I could send on your way.

We could trade for something.

I corroded the battery terms on my flash once, was like oh shit! i broke it. just use vinegar and baking soda i THINK, and it should clean that shit right up. my flash was right as rain after. just sprinkle some baking soda onto the terms and use a q-tip dipped in vinegar

Originally posted by MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega@Jun 29 2005, 05:22 PM

I just want everyone to know that I might be a sell out. I'm seriously considering buying a Nikon D70 or a Fuji S2...just about the same camera but whatever...

I still intend to shoot shit loads of medium and large format film but I just want all of you to know...

Now, back to working on the ppa.

Its hard to resist. I'd rather keep shooting slides and film, cause as hyrax pointed out, even the good digital SLRs still produce images that look "digital". but the ability to shoot constantly without paying for film or developing is hard to resist. If I didnt have my new digi, I'd still be in a slump, shooting a roll every two or three months, instead of out shooting every week. its a tradeoff.

Originally posted by MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega@Jun 29 2005, 06:22 PM

I just want everyone to know that I might be a sell out. I'm seriously considering buying a Nikon D70 or a Fuji S2...just about the same camera but whatever...

I HAVE officially sold the fuck out.

For years and years I hated digital shit but got the D70 as a graduation present and it is just so damn dope it hurts. The pros definitely outweigh the cons in terms of ease and accessibility. I think if you have any experience as a photographer (which you clearly do) you'll only benefit from going digi. As long as you don't drop the film entirely (and with access to large format, who would?!), you're golden.

Of course it takes a whole new vocabulary and understanding that only slightly connects to trad. stuff, but it's not anything horrible. Fuck, get a digital just for the instant gratification and white balance.....

steve austin>

did you photoshop those last two polaroids?

one>those are so sharp i can't believe you got that from a camera using 600/sx70 film

two>The color and saturation is unreal, it is so top notch for a polaroid i may need to steal that(broken?) camera from you.

If that camera is in fact broken and those aren't photoshopped you need to get it fixed immediately, they're amazing.

fire pants....

nope...no photoshop. none. not even a slight clean up from scanning. I was playing around with the exposure controls when I shot them.

the camera was in fact dead. I think it is saveable though. I'm currently working on it and am slightly encouraged.

thanks for the comps...I was pretty giddy when that last one developed.

I'll document tomorrow for day in the life, today was shitty and I haven't been in the mood to walk. Or hell, maybe I'll document the 4th, it used to be my favorite holiday.

IMG04328.jpg

IMG04327.jpg

This next one is a cabinet my mom painted, just one side, I didn't get good pictures of the rest of it:

IMG04323.jpg

Originally posted by GnomeToys@Jul 5 2005, 10:48 AM

I like the second one more, it feels "bigger".

agreed. The color and depth are great.

phunk: do you develop any color photography in the city? I used to have a spot where I could develop, but I cant go there anymore, so Im looking for a new darkroom. Throw me a PM.