The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

Originally posted by ColorPurple@Dec 23 2005, 01:11 PM

how did you get the different colored pictures like that...i tried a method of my own that worked well kinda like that but using clear packaging tape over the lens and coloring it the color of choice with sharpie....but the images arent as clear...and what kind of polaroid camera is that on your tripod....

yo i sort of use a similar method..not packing tape, but any kind of see thru tinted plastic works, either over the lens or flash. also, masking tape over the flash can give a old yellowish look to photos..

three old ones.

36916378_62d4c6a121_o.jpg

17877527_558d7b9be9_o.jpg

17842883_c8b3d09eb3_o.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

rage, i used a tripod .

the exposure was 15 seconds (my camera's max)

those flix you posted are really dope... i cant get the kind of light out of my camera (at least not yet) but we'll see

and for the sake of the thread, just a random flic to keep it rolling (the only one i can find without having to resize and upload all over again - sorry if i stretch out the page)

pic_27.jpg

EDIT : is anyone familiar with a long exposure method where you light the subject with a flashlight using some looooongggggggggg ass exposures, i read about it a while ago, like 15 minute exposures and the pictures came out really nice.. if anyone can find examples please post some

Originally posted by Philth215@Dec 24 2005, 12:51 AM

rage, i used a tripod .

the exposure was 15 seconds (my camera's max)

those flix you posted are really dope... i cant get the kind of light out of my camera (at least not yet) but we'll see

and for the sake of the thread, just a random flic to keep it rolling (the only one i can find without having to resize and upload all over again - sorry if i stretch out the page)

pic_27.jpg

EDIT : is anyone familiar with a long exposure method where you light the subject with a flashlight using some looooongggggggggg ass exposures, i read about it a while ago, like 15 minute exposures and the pictures came out really nice.. if anyone can find examples please post some

http://www.chrisbeckerphoto.com/light.html

It's called lightpainting, and it's done with a 'light brush'. Fiberoptic thingamajig. I think for a few hundred bucks you can use one of those to paint the image instead of a flashlight so the flashlight head won't show up in the image. pshhhht, don't look at me, shit's way outta my budget.

i got the new 12 oz book (AKA) for christmas, and its really dope..

does anyone know where i can get a copy of the pdn annual that was out last summer? i saw a lot of the pictures on the website, but i remember seeing the book in the store and thats what really inspired me to start to get into this stuff.....

a few pictures from yesterday

christmas01.jpg

christmas02.jpg

christmas03.jpg

christmas04.jpg

these are from a portrait photo class i took this semester. my school is very well equipt

the class was almost all studio lighting, so thats what these are. my scanner did a terrible job. anyone know why they come out so pixelated?

thug.jpg

pirate.jpg

dennis.jpg

ripjmj.jpg

angclass.jpg

thecarwreck...i really like those two first ones. your choice of the framing came out really well.

i think i was confused about the way to make borders. i got it all figgured out now tho. thanks

wait...so a torch/flashlight is natural light?

:haha:

its neat and all that you're mainly using what little light there is to get an image...but that doesn't make it a good photo. same thing with the difficulty involved.

I'd focus more on composition and a focal point...then light it or paint it with a torch.

and yeah...use the existing photo thread. not sure why everyone all of a sudden thinks they need their own photography thread.