That invincible feeling

Lush

Has anybody else ever gotten that feeling that they're invincible. I mean to the point where you feel you could jump off a four story building and land on the ground perfectly fine?

Last night I was at a party being held in an old movie theatre (very very cool).We were in the old projector room, and found a trap door in the ceiling that led to the roof. I was completely loaded, and I'm usually afraid of heights, but last night I had one of those terrible thoughts that if I jumped off the roof I'd be fine.

I would never (hopefully) ever act on one of these impulses, and have gotten them before (usually when I'm fucked up, but not normally when drunk), but can almost understand why someone would. I don't think I can explain, and I find it mildly scary that it would make sense at all. It's not like a suicide type attempt, but more an "I'm young and invincible, and the laws of physics can't hold me back" type deal.

So, has anybody else ever felt that way?

------------------

you are beautiful, just not on the inside

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

"dude, look... we both know I'm about to jump off this balcony. But these people are in the way. So get them outta the way, I'll jump off this fuckin balcony, and we'll go buy some pizza."

-Me to my roomate before I jump over a 2nd story balcony at a party after seeing someone else alreay bust their ass.

------------------

ABOVElabs.

i relate to that feeling through specific events some graffiti-related others just overcoming obstacles daily... if you treat it as it is ,a "high", it could be fulfilling in the sense that it might be perhaps a spiritual experience or more specifically an opportunity to grow as a person...

man, when my connection is really going strong, and the servers are all synced up... i can close 2 threads a minute! if you wanna talk abotu feeling on the top of the world, you gotta talk abotu insulting some toys letters, calling someone a cop, an moving something from channel zero all the way to third rail, cause thats what this fucking game is about!

Guest KARD like WOE

yeah seeking that was funny. but i know if yall are graff writers that when the chase is on.. i i know i feel invincible. like jumpin over barb wire and shit like it was my job.. when the jake is on your tail. you just run till tomorow.

Originally posted by seeking innocence:

man, when my connection is really going strong, and the servers are all synced up... i can close 2 threads a minute! if you wanna talk abotu feeling on the top of the world, you gotta talk abotu insulting some toys letters, calling someone a cop, an moving something from channel zero all the way to third rail, cause thats what this fucking game is about!

only 2 a minute? slacking in your old age

Originally posted by KARD like WOE:

but i know if yall are graff writers that when the chase is on.. i i know i feel invincible. like jumpin over barb wire and shit like it was my job.. when the jake is on your tail. you just run till tomorow.

No, it's not like that kind of invincible. it's like if you had a gun and shot yourself ,nothing would happen. Like you'd be fine without a hole through your head.

[This message has been edited by Lush (edited 07-23-2001).]

Originally posted by Lush:

No, it's not like that kind of invincible. it's like if you had a gun and shot yourself ,nothing would happen. Like you'd be fine without a hole through your head.

[This message has been edited by Lush (edited 07-23-2001).]

yes it is sister and i'm expediantly approaching that very realm. fr8s and drunk don't get along as well unless i'm there..

Yeah...

I just HAD to insist that we do THAT particular roof top..

So i feel all invincible and shit (sad thing was i wasnt drunk, just exhausted from a 21 hour bus journey) and fall off a roof...

Fuck up my ankle, it looked like a fuckin coconut. Well. It didnt look like one. It was the size of one.

It was a good laugh...?

Archived