Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
non-hetero

Man amputates his own arm pinned by bouder, then hikes to safety.

Originally posted by Hank Parker

But what I wanna know is, how did the boulder get on top of his arm? Was it falling and he was like "ohh no, I must catch this falling rock!"?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

did anyone watch this guys press conference today? fucking crazy... so, he was pinned while he was standing up and used his harness to sleep in and take pressure off his legs... Over the days he devised what started as a 1:1 pulley and built to a 5:1 pully between the boulder and rock face but he was never able to budge the rock a millimeter... he tried a couple times before he finally cut his arm off... the first time he couldn't even break the skin, that was 2 days before he did it... and he was using a generic leatherman tool, not really a pocket knife...

I read an article that quoted this guy. He reputedly said "It was a couple of days before I realized I could just break my bones and cut through the muscle."

Fuckin' HARD CORE. Major props--this guy personifies "Bad Ass." I'd hate like hell to have to fight somebody like this, for real.

He was trying to be a bigshot,isolated himslef from the group..Then the elements got him..

He should get some kind of halfassed darwin award if you ask me..

Showoff...

Originally posted by B_As_In_Bot

He was trying to be a bigshot,isolated himslef from the group..Then the elements got him..

Don't you EVER get tired of being wrong?

Originally posted by Smart

Don't you EVER get tired of being wrong?

I really hope you have the little pink donor sticker on your ID...

Get your idle dickbeaters back to work, lousy frycook.

What? frycook? I worked in a kitchen when I was 16 but... in 1989 I went full time corporate in the MIS department, in 1995 I left to be the same old graphic artist I am today... I'm sorry you feel it neccesary to project your failed lifestyle on me but... DON'T YOU EVER GET TIRED OF BEING WRONG?

Originally posted by KaBar

I'd hate like hell to have to fight somebody like this, for real.

well, he only has one arm now, so chances are you would do ok...

LOL. Yoshy, go check out some old early 1960's re-runs of "The Fugitive." Don't you remember the One-Armed Man? He was one scarey guy. And the poor Doc (Dr. Richard Kimble) pursued him all over America, never quite catching up with him, in turn pursued by the relentless detective, Detective Phillip Gerrard. I seem to recall that the One-Armed Man was named something very plain, like Bob Johnson.

Did you guys know that "The Fugitive" was loosely based on a true story? ("Mild mannered doctor accused of murdering his wife." Dr. Sam Shepard was accused of murdering his wife, tried and convicted, but the investigation was flawed. The doctor's son worked all his life trying to clear his father's name, and eventually, he did so. But the killer was not a one-armed man, I don't think.)