Man amputates his own arm pinned by bouder, then hikes to safety.

non-hetero

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yeah I saw the story this morn on the news. He's got some balls though. I give him a lot of respect. Sucks though cause they couldn't save his arm. But what I wanna know is, how did the boulder get on top of his arm? Was it falling and he was like "ohh no, I must catch this falling rock!"?

Guest imported_Europe

Cutting off your own arm below the elbow with a pocketknife...

How do you even do that?

Originally posted by non-hetero

Well a 1000lbs boulder might have completely crushed the bone meaning he would ony have to cut through flesh... still fucking crazy.

Except the part that was crushed by the boulder was still trapped under the boulder, so he couldn't access it. If I remember what the article said correctly, he went through the joint in his elbow.

Originally posted by mr_president

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHA

fucking hilarious... you must be having a bad day, cuz wonk saggin that im tha shit...

and i didnt even say anything bad in this thread...

<---- tease ©

i think why i am like this is because i have finally seen what you look like. and it made me realize that you aren't some 12 year old kid..

seriously man, you are fucking ridiculous.

I didn't see where any of you mentioned that, after cutting off his arm with a pocket knife, and tying the one handed tournicate, he had to build an 'anchor' to tie a rope to, and then he rappelled 60 feet down to the canyon floor.

Wow. I mean really, wow. Mad props to that shit.

On a much funnier note, this reminds me of the episode of celebrity

deathmatch where Stallone gets his shoulder cut pretty bad, but closes

it by pouring gunpowder on and setting it on fire. Hahaha.

did anyone watch this guys press conference today? fucking crazy... so, he was pinned while he was standing up and used his harness to sleep in and take pressure off his legs... Over the days he devised what started as a 1:1 pulley and built to a 5:1 pully between the boulder and rock face but he was never able to budge the rock a millimeter... he tried a couple times before he finally cut his arm off... the first time he couldn't even break the skin, that was 2 days before he did it... and he was using a generic leatherman tool, not really a pocket knife...

I read an article that quoted this guy. He reputedly said "It was a couple of days before I realized I could just break my bones and cut through the muscle."

Fuckin' HARD CORE. Major props--this guy personifies "Bad Ass." I'd hate like hell to have to fight somebody like this, for real.

Archived