? ? ? I just saw The Matrix: Reloaded ? ? ?

-Rage-

I just watched the damn thing, and i hated it.

It simply did not live up to my expectations.

the story line was weak, and flawed- to me, that is...

i somehow ended up seeing biblical connections, eeh don't ask.

the animation was good, but the whole "to be concluded" thing was just fucked.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just came back from seeing it again, its much much clearer...and still sweet, i think ill go on mams tip and see it in imax that oughta be fricken awesome, the biblical references you mention are no coincidence they were there in the first one as well....especially when neo dies........three minutes ( or seconds i cant remember in matrix time pass) like three days then is ressurected as the one...wink wink..nudge nudge.

and swif the game is sweet, it really really helps seeing the movie then playing it, incredible, how far have you gotten?

Originally posted by aPirate

your intelligence would not be as easily insulted if you were to use it more often.

your comment pertains to nothing. you are a moron.

and how did some of you idiots not realize that the guy on the table at the end was one of the copies of smith? how did that just dawn on you? jesus....it was so simple....he becomes a copy...goes through....fails to kill neo after he was cutting himself marveling at his being an actual person, and is then spared the fate of everyone else in zion. when they said "there was one survivor" did a bell not go off or something? hmmm...yeah. wow.

neo chose to save trinity. therefore taking the same path as the last six versions of himself and allowing for the destruction of zion. did you not hear the whole part where they talked about zion being destroyed? someone detonated one of the emp's (i believe thats what it was called....electromagneticpulse...) prematurely downing 5 ships immediately. they stated that what followed "was not a battle....it was a slaughter" or something like that. guess who downed the 5 ships with the premature emp? the only one to survive who is also the real world embodiment of agent smith. but i'm sure theyll address that in the next one.

but yeah, zion is destroyed.

Matrix 2

This movie was nothing more than an excuse to spend some money on cg effects ...if you choose to veiw it for that reason you will enjoy it.

As for the rest of it , it was tedious in most parts, including the fight scenes (in my opinion).

A few loosly base philosophical terms where thrown in, out of context and showing lack of understanding of what they are even trying to say., with the hope to confuse the stupid people. before dazzleing them with visualy exessive drivel...

I walked out of this movie thinking how many more times does hollywood think they can get a way with teh same tired shit...

I recommend pirating it but dont front your hard earned dosh to pay for such SHITE!!

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by Tyler Durden

neo chose to save trinity. therefore taking the same path as the last six versions of himself and allowing for the destruction of zion....

but yeah, zion is destroyed.

No wonder you hated it. You totally didn't understand this movie. Zion was not destroyed. Neo chose the exact OPPOSITE path of what his predecessors chose. Watch it again and listen careully.

And BigJoe, the Wachowskis know exactly what they wanna say, and they have their "philosophy" down pat. If you don't agree with their vision, that's another thing, but they tackled their concepts with amazing expertise.

Originally posted by El Mamerro

And BigJoe, the Wachowskis know exactly what they wanna say, and they have their "philosophy" down pat. If you don't agree with their vision, that's another thing, but they tackled their concepts with amazing expertise.

I dissagree, i think the author (insert name and title) is well read but not particulary well spoekn, i see what they hint at but i dont think they have more than a very basic understanding of thier carfully borrowed ideas...

I am insulted by such a lightweight a tease of philosophy, but not only do they insult me but insult eastern mystics and western philosophy with there non-chalont use of other peoples ideas.. not too mention without giving credit.

Originally posted by yoink

and swif the game is sweet, it really really helps seeing the movie then playing it, incredible, how far have you gotten?

just beated it with ghost. now i'm playing as niobi.

just beated it with ghost

, i have not gotten that far yet....havent gotten the chance to just sit down and try to beat it yet....does it take a long time?

Zion was not destroyed

this is the only part that i am semi confused about...off of the ship, neo says we have 24 hours till the war ends....leading me to believe obviously revolutions will be the last 24 hours...right? but why did the other ship tell them like tyler said it was a slaughter etc....and the smith/bane guy was the only survivor? Did he mean that they were the only ship that got outta the counter attack strike? didnt some ships go out of zion or a little further in order to stop the machines before they got there? anwyays please clear this up for me!;)

Originally posted by ctrl+alt+del

im gonna watch it again on IMAX, how sick will that be! i doubt there will be a line for it. should be ill.

Me too man. And since it's has to be shorter to show in an IMAX, they'll most likely cut out the more boring scenes!

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Yoink, you're exactly right. In that scene where they describe the "slaughter", they clearly state that they had sent a few ships as a blockade to stop scouting sentinels. It's a bit hard to catch cause it happens right after Neo busts out the EMP, and everyone is still like "what the fuck was that?"

They'd sent a few ships to stop scouting sentinels, which had been sent through the tunnels to probably assess the situation for the rest of the machines boring down on Zion. Remember, the machines are digging because they know the tunnels are very well protected, so they need to carve out their own tunnel. The slaughter described was only to these ships, cause Smith/Bane had triggered an EMP too early and left them completely defenseless.

Zion is still alright, but will get fucked in the next 24 hours (although someone else in the movie mentions 9 hours, which I'm a little confused about). Neo basically "lost" the opportunity to save it by choosing to save Trinity. All the previous "Ones" had been influenced through programming to have intense protective feelings about the human race, and they always chose to save Zion, which they did, but not without heavy casualties that basically made the survivors have to rebuild it over and over again. Neo was the first and only "One" to have his love completely overwhelm his instinct to save the human race, and thus he chooses Trinity. This basically throws a monkey wrench in the Architect's plan, whose influential programming of the Ones (who are inevitable anomalies) was another method of control to keep the humans endlessly hoping for freedom but never achieving it. You can see his face bearing a look of nervousness when he sees Neo chooses the "wrong" door, and all the movie screens denying him of the ability to show all possible conclusions. His choice overwhelmed the Architect's predictive and controlling ability.

i didnt read any of this post, but i saw it yesterday.

overall it was worth the cash. slow parts were boring/confusing at times but ill be damned if my 5 dollar matinee ticket wasnt worth the freeway scene.

shit made me dizzy! amazing..

Awesome...I had a hunch that this was what the deal was, im glad i saw it a second time, it cleared up alot, and like you said its easier to catch and notice alot of things.

man its seriously a good thing they decided to release the third movie so close to this one (well at least closer than say the star wars, or LOTR format) people would be goin nuts waiting for the conclusion. any idea how much money this raked in in its first weekend?

i didnt feel like reading the whole thread. maybe i will later but not now.

now i completely understood the first one. so many people have different aspects on how to understand the matrix and different views and different opinions on the first one.

we saw the second one and i was not satisfied. maybe thats because i was so drunk and drugged up that i didnt fully understand it. plus, all the action actually made me throw up. i never knew that could ever happen to me. but i did throw up, twice. i just need to see it again. i just wished that i hadnt spent the money now.

firstly i haven't read any other posts but rages (yet) .. and i just wanted to point something out, rage (if it hasn't been mentioned yet)..

the reason the twins dematerialize is because they're ghosts (do you remember when the guy holding the keymaker [starts with an M] is explaining about older versions of matrix programmes? (sp?) ... he explains the "werewolves" and "vampires", about how when people think they see these monsters they are in actuality older programmes that chose to exile in the M and not go back to the robot mainframe) i think it had to do with everytime neo or morpheus would land a punch or hit them with a bullet it caused them to dematerialize (apart from when they choose too).

shit..

i think i get it now. Ok so this is what it is.

1) the world is taken over by robots and the first matrix is created.

and zion is built and destroyed.

2) now inside the matrix humans are developing and create the first AI

3)now inside the matrix the robots are taking over again and another matrix inside the matrix is created. Also zion is built and destroyed inside the matrix.

4) this goes on until the 6th matrix ( the one our neo is currently in)

5) so even when outside of his current matrix neo is still in the matrix. and since he is still an anomaly he still has all his powers!.

6) THATS WHY HE COULD STOP THE SENTINALS LIKE HOW HE STOPPED THE BULLETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since he did the opposite of what he was supposed to do and saved trinity. There will not be a 7th matrix and in revolution he will have to save zion from the robots(actually im not sure if this is storyline IN rovolution). Thus changing what is predicted to happen.

which in the end destroys every matrix!! and sets the humans free from all matrixes.

sweet mother of fricken damn! i cant believe i got it. or i hope i did or i just thunk and wasted a whole school day..............yea im in highschool

SO WHAT!

edit* i forgot to add that this might be a spoiler....

Guest -MOE LESTER-

MOE LESTER THOUGHT THE MOVIE WAS PRETTY DOPE

I WAS ONE OF THE RETARDS WHO THOUGH THAT THE AGENT SMITH FIGHT SCENE WHERE NEO IS WOOPING LIKE 50 OF THESE NIGGAS WITH A FUCKING LIGHTPOLE WAS FUCKING DOPE!!!!!

ALSO THE FUCKING TWINS WERE CRAZY COOL

I DIDNT LIKE ALL THAT FRUITY LOVE BULLSHIT..BUT THEN AGAIN EVERY MOVIE HAS THIS SHIT NOWADAYS

MY BOYS ALL SAW THAT SHIT ON SHROOMS AND THEY SAID THEY COULD SEE THE MATRIX IN THEIR HEADS...THEY DIDNT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING ABOUT THE MOVIE BUT IT JUST LOOKED COOL!

AND ALL YOU FAGGOTS WHO ARE LIKE "OMFG THATS SO UNREAL!!" SHUT YA TRAPS!!!! YOU SOUND LIKE MY FUCKING DAD!

Originally posted by JohnnyHorton

firstly i haven't read any other posts but rages (yet) .. and i just wanted to point something out, rage (if it hasn't been mentioned yet)..

the reason the twins dematerialize is because they're ghosts (do you remember when the guy holding the keymaker [starts with an M] is explaining about older versions of matrix programmes? (sp?) ... he explains the "werewolves" and "vampires", about how when people think they see these monsters they are in actuality older programmes that chose to exile in the M and not go back to the robot mainframe) i think it had to do with everytime neo or morpheus would land a punch or hit them with a bullet it caused them to dematerialize (apart from when they choose too).

shit..

Ahhhhhhh good call. I missed that. I need to see it again I suppose.

^word.....it raked in 96mil i think. thats what my friend told me, but hes an idiot

edit* i dont double post

yea that got me a while to figure out. When that lady said "how many people carry silver bullets in thier guns". im like eh? oh they be werewolves

first time i saw it, at the first showing here, i was confused. i was actually a bit disapointed. the second time i saw it, i was like 'oh shit, that was dope as fuck'

i got some beef, but not much.

the CGI was generally good, but i think they bit off a bit more than they could chew. overeall it was dope. the fight between Neo and Sereph was so dope, i wanted to apploud at the end 'you do not know someone until you fight them':)

the zion dance scene. fuck that. that coulda been better. i was thinking about it after a blunt with my friends and thought 'damn, how bot morphious v. whoever at breaking?' but, that was the weed thinking. anyway...

the dopest scene was the car chase. soooo fresh. something satisfiing about seeing some nice ass cars get the shit fucked outta them.

seriously though, the philiosphy in this one was more advanced than the first one. The question of free choice, which continutes to be a source of philosphical debate, was awesome. if that shit doesn't make you think, nothing does.

Neo having 'love' as an influence, unlike the other Ones was great.

this one wasn't as good as the first, but still damn good.

uhh...

the oracle is part of the scam the robots are playing on humanity that they have a chance of freedom (but they really don't - its that whole ELEMENT OF CONTROL ISSUE THE MOVIE DEALS WITH)...

she's not actually helping "the one" she's just helping "the one" get to where the robots intended him to go... trapped in that white room facing the decision

Archived