NEW MAC G4

TRYBOL

I dont know how many of your are into graphic design, but have you seen the new mac g4. its fucking insane dual 800 processor and a super drive. damn fast. I was just about to buy a dual 533 g4 but i think i will hold off for a bit. Has anyone herd any good or bad things about the new g4.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest WebsterUno

I hate MacDonalds too.

But I love my G4, rides like a Lexus G400.

"QuickSilver" yeah its faster then a muhfucka.

Guest WebsterUno
Originally posted by BoB Hope ONER:

really pretty. but.. shiiit.. do you really need it?

yes, in my line of work, yes.

When I start my plans on taking over the world,

a room full of macs is all Ill need.

"Super Computers"

BOWDOWN!

––––––––––––––––

PC users, gotta love em.

Guest WebsterUno

No, seriously, they are classified as super computers. I heard they

are banned in China? They can be used to command tanks and planes

or something like that. After pumping em up with extras, and thats just the low end ones.

So Ive heard. I work with people who sell macs, always up at macworld expos,

and they give us the low-low on whats hot and whats not. I learned how to do what I

do using macs, so Im pretty biased and stuck in my ways with macs. PCs are cool,

for games and the net, but I dont use them on the reg like a Mac. Macs are more geared

for graphic arts, multimedia (im sure you knew that), and such. Hence the lack of games

made for mac, (im sure you knew that too.) I just use emulators for games. Ive got a grip of

programs too, Im about to get some more schooling to learn some other things like flash.

blah blahblah, http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//biggrin.gif'>

In other words, Macs are IT!

Guest SPLINTER

yeah i think i got the g4 500. the single processor. i dont have anything against it. i have OsX on it and the only thing ive had freeze it is some shit at stickdeath.com but it doesnt free no more. my microsoft mouse sucks ass with it and internet explorer get retarted some times but the computer will not freese so ill just use another brozer when ie gets brain freeze.

WEBSTER hook up your partner in crime with some of those design programs homie. i bought the comp but that drained my parents so we cant afford programs. hit the email homie.

Originally posted by WebsterUno:

No, seriously, they are classified as super computers. I heard they

are banned in China? They can be used to command tanks and planes

or something like that. After pumping em up with extras, and thats just the low end ones.

So Ive heard. I work with people who sell macs, always up at macworld expos,

and they give us the low-low on whats hot and whats not. I learned how to do what I

do using macs, so Im pretty biased and stuck in my ways with macs. PCs are cool,

for games and the net, but I dont use them on the reg like a Mac. Macs are more geared

for graphic arts, multimedia (im sure you knew that), and such. Hence the lack of games

made for mac, (im sure you knew that too.) I just use emulators for games. Ive got a grip of

programs too, Im about to get some more schooling to learn some other things like flash.

blah blahblah, http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//biggrin.gif'>

In other words, Macs are IT!

yup yup you heard it!!

------------------

http://www.brokenschool.com/12oz/signature.gif'>

Broken Schooled

Originally posted by WebsterUno:

No, seriously, they are classified as super computers!

right after Jobs and co. made their first few million after marketing the Mac, they decided that they should invest in some serious design architechture, i.e. they decieded to invest in a Cray supercomputer (if you know, you know)... so they went and got the tour of the Cray facilities, and checked out the model they were buying and just a fter they had written the check and handed it over, the salesman said:

'It's ironic you know, you're buying a Cray to design Macs and we're using Macs to design Crays!'

and that was around '91

------------------

2 Can Sam

My boyfriend got a powerbook g3 bronze laptop from his work. I personally love it. Macs have endless possibilities for icons, nicer menus, better sounds (I hate windows sounds), and are all around better for designing and such. The other great thing is they take a lot of care in the external design of their computer, so they look so god damn cool! I certainly wouldn't buy a computer for it's looks, but this is just an awesome plus. I think my next computer will be a mac. Especially if I'm investing in a laptop.

------------------

you are beautiful, just not on the inside

Guest Mr.Raven

New Macs were a big disappointment. I actually saw them unveiled at Macworld Expo. Steve jobs was quoted as saying 'We should have been ready', implying the real hardware never made it. Pretty obvious when you see that the motherboard layout doesnt fit logically in the case, unless Apple got retarded and decided it was a good idea to put the processor right up against the power supply ignoring how much heat it gives off.

New Macs are just a speed bump. No UMA2, which means were still stuck with a 133mHz system bus and no DDR SDRam. Not to mention we never got the firewire version upgrade which means no USB2 support either. And when are we going to finally step Airport up above 11mbps?

And...when the fuck is Motorolla going to break the gigahertz barrier? Not mentioning how many apps are really going to take advantage of the extra MB of level3 cache?

Plus making the Geforce 3 a build to order option is an insult. Shit should be standard on high end configurations. New colored plastics also dont equal a new case. The El Capitan design is now three years old. Save your loot. An all new Mac cometh.

Guest imported_SecretAgentX9

my dual 533 is now low end... uhhhh. it still rocks out though. how about that cinema display?? off the meters.

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by seeking innocence:

i need a g4 laptop...

shits titanium...

got one!

I thought mac stopped making the dual g4's.

One processor is fast enough, so they quit.

But now I see they brought it back with the..

SUPER DRIVE!!

before this model they haven't made a dual g4

for about a year.

dork dork dork nerd nerd nerd

the quote iCE cube "who's the mac_"???

way ahead of his time for a banger.

[This message has been edited by --zeSto-- (edited 07-22-2001).]

yeah serkoff that cinema display is insane.... crazy expensive though. they just came out with a 17 flat screen for about 900 dollars. But anyway I think I am still going to pick up the new g4, you made some good points Mr. Raven... but all I really need is a faster computer to run my graphics programs. Ive been using a g3 266 for about 4 years now and damn its nothing compared to the new shit

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Salesman: "So sir, what computer are you using?"

Arnie: "My CPU is a neural processor, a thinking machine."

Salesman: "What?"

Arnie: "I'M DETECTIVE JOHN KIMBAL!! I'M A COP YOU IDIOT!!"

Arnold Schwarzenegger prank calls rule. Anyways, I got meself a G4 Cube, and I don't care what anyone says, it fuckin rules. Up where I live most of the time it's cold as balls and it sure as hell doesn't need any fans. Right now I'm in Puerto Rico, running this shit ALL day in 90+ temperatures, and it doesn't even break a sweat. And it's the only computer that has actively assisted me in getting laid. Chicks love this shit. As soon as I need a new computer, I'm getting another Mac and busting out a bonsai kitten with this one.

Anyways, Cray isn't at the top of the game anymore, but back in the day its computers were the shit. Keep an eye out for IBM's Blue Gene, it's gonna be ridiculous... what todays fastest machine can do in a day (330 million billion calculations), this one will churn out in five minutes. Still not close to the human brain, which pumps out the equivalent of 20 million billion calculations a SECOND.

Whatever, I use both PC's and Macs and Macs are DEFINITELY my fave. I don't care if they freeze every 4 microseconds, everything just runs smoother and better on them, and rebooting is a cinch. Beer,

El Mamerro

Archived