no smoking in bars/clubs/restaurants

ubejinxed

^^ yah i can definitely see that happening among other non-desireable activities.

check what they're doing to Vermont:

" By week's end, Vermont beer drinkers may have a clue whether they'll face a new 6 percent sales tax, which some House members want to use to pay for schools, or a 2-cents-a-bottle jump in the excise tax, which the Senate wants to devote to substance abuse programs or both. "

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Tesseract

bars were never health centers

That's a good point right there. I think this is all really up to the people, not to Bloomberg or whoever else is behind this. I'm a non smoker, and of course smoke bothers me and so on, and I know that I encounter that whenever I play gigs at bars. My clothes and gig bag will smell like ass for the next couple of days, but eventually it goes away. My point is, if people are bothered so much by smoke they will take it upon themselves to not be in a place where they know they'll encounter this, and if they do they should know what they're in for, that's all. Sounds like a bunch of 5 year olds are making all these laws.

Another thing too, which someone mentioned, just make sure the bar has a good ventilation system and it's cool. I've been in bars and it's not always a problem even. And the other thing too is, if you put a crowd of 15 smokers outside, wouldn't that make the sidewalk a "hazardous" place for non smokers? Not to mention littering with all the cigarette butts. So I say just keep them inside and put a sign up that says "Beware of smokers". Sheesh.

Originally posted by Kilo7-

I'm sure that the people pushing for the ban are not the people

in bars who can put up with the rare cloud of smoke. I mean those

people are probably at home, watching Friends reruns and drinking

skim milk and ovaltine. They dont understand the 'problem' they want to 'fix'.

do you know my brother?

Archived