Coolest books you ever found in the Library

KaBar

Smart, start a Hemingway thread

I think this subject is good enough to spawn a whole shitload of good written sparring. BTW, I love Hemingway's novels, and my only big gripe with him when I was reading his stuff a lot was the fact that he dissed the anarchists in his Spanish Civil war stuff, because he was a Communist sympathizer.

IF ANYONE HERE HAS NOT READ "FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS", GET BUSY. It was great. I always wanted to be like the dynamiter.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 4 years later...

On vacation. LA public library by USC campus has a book from the early 90s on public art and murals. has a couple of old graffiti walls. cool shit

Tulane University Historical Archives

old French manuscripts from the Haitian revolution and old engraving prints of tousaint le'overture (sp) merkin mad Napoleans

IN the Consulate Musuem in Tangiers they have a book of old maps and a history of the battle of tripoli when a past navy captain escaped death by running his sword between the legs of the arab captain who sailed out to kill him. good engraving of the event