Sum Ill Technics

Kewel

your not kidden me i see that your week i can tell with ever verse that you pump out you have no integrity/

"...I see that your WEAK..."

"...I can tell with EVERY..."

so you find anouther way to solve it...

"...ANOTHER way to solve it..."

COMMUNITY is spelled with 2 m's

And HOME FIELD <is spelled like that

EQUIVALENT<is spelled this way

ESTEEM and PLEASURE are in fact spelled that way...

you see kewel just cause heavy lox is is good dont mean ur not, im on neither side and to tell you the truth have never seen him on this forum before this thread, so im not dick riding i jsut prefer him. Now a good way to gain respect is to spell stuff right. We dont know you we cant hear you,see you,smell you, so the only thing we can judge you on is by what you write and how you write it. thats the only way we can judge you right? Because we dont know you we judge you by what we see. and i see illiteracy (did i spell that right?). im sure if you fixed this up youd get tons more respect;) just lookin out for you kewel, no sarcasm intended.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah good lookin out MLTF4nt0m.....i feel that i know i have mad werds misspeld....but when i type this shit i go in a constant flow i dont stop to look i just going and the constant rate....you know this is freestyling. Im not wasting time on writing down and taking time to catch mistakes.. for this fool..this is more like practice....you know when cats freestyle not everything comes out perfect...well this is the same exact thing except for that im typin...ya feel me...

so i dont really see a purpose to fixing mistakes...i dont look over non important stuff..i meen if it was a song that would be diferent...but this is B.S. just for fun...im not trin to stress my self with perfection to gain respect on a forum from people that i dont even know..... yo heavy---->:beat: were you at.... oh and i love the way you tried to throw in that im signed...i wish i was signed but im not i work independitly...which meens i have a producer that makes my beats...i make my own designs i write my own lyrics and i pump the CD's my self...on the street in stores school were ever...but i just got a bar code so that meens i could have them legaly in stores..lol...yayayay..

:jpotato: <-------this was very interesting...hehe...its kewel

you two are seriously the gayest 13 year olds to ever come on here. go home. your "battling" someone on the fucking interweb. gay gay gay. fucking gay. and your bad at it to boot. horrible. crap. gay.

oh, and that last cover...i dont know who posted it....sucks just as bad, if not worse than the first ones. fucking terrible.

you all suck.

yeah i agree with you on that one...that last design was horribl...eeewwwwww....then tey talked about my shit....it looks like you painted a background and fadded sum images...ohh and please dont ever use muh name LIB without premision...it is copywrited....and im not 13 im 20....he issued a battle so i responded..im just lurking around on the forum waiting for him to come back...

allah sees everything....arm leg leg arm head....

damn tyler if its so gay dont come on this post there are like 200 more you could replie to..

Originally posted by Kewel

yeah i agree with you on that one...that last design was horribl...eeewwwwww....then tey talked about my shit....it looks like you painted a background and fadded sum images...ohh and please dont ever use muh name LIB without premision...it is copywrited....and im not 13 im 20....he issued a battle so i responded..im just lurking around on the forum waiting for him to come back...

allah sees everything....arm leg leg arm head....

damn tyler if its so gay dont come on this post there are like 200 more you could replie to..

no more sushiwraps from heavy on account of him being gay and having aids and stuff

good call tyler. When my new meds come in though ill be good to go for another

round. Oh that typing was a lot of work.

Anyway kewel, it was a nice change of pace. But really the cd could stand some work. Even though you might not like the way it was said if you humble yourself and actually read my second comments you might find they make sense.

Its all gravey though, it is after all, your cd, repping you if your happy then we dont really matter do we?

nfn hev sux as an MC thats why its not his chosen proffession. I am in reality a pro heckler. It dont pay much but its a jobby job

wow....i respect what you just said...its all good...hings kinda got hectic on here....if i had any fault well i apoligize cause im not the type of duke to cause probloms and junk..just me trin to do my thing...well nice battle....wassup no comback??....

anyone else..lol...well i just about done with flier for a club its preety simple...ill post up..in a lil bit guys.....any other designers out there im interested in your werk...get sum pointers or what not...i only been doin this for a year

pieces

send you a cd....lol...hahahaha if i gave a free cd to everyone who asked me ill be broke a fuck right now...but you could order one...if you'd like....and i just named it the 4our elements cause i like the fraze the 4our elements...and do you do graff to be part of the elements?...let me ask my self this do i do music to be part of the 4our elemnts..ummmm no..i do music because this is what iv been doin since i was a youngin....before i even heard of hip hop...i use to do hispanic music and play certain instruments...so i dunno were you were goin with that comment...and i dunno were or what the purpose for what i just typed is for...look im makin no sence...let me just stop

yeah i agree with you on that one...that last design was horribl...eeewwwwww....then tey talked about my shit....it looks like you painted a background and fadded sum images...ohh and please dont ever use muh name LIB without premision...it is copywrited....

first, the design was a quick simple thing. second, something that doesnt appeal to you may appeal to others. third, you dont like when people are rude to you, but then you gotta get an attitude about me using LIB without your damn permission. aint like im gonna fucking use it for my own personal shit. and i got another idea, but i think ill save it for myself...you wouldnt possibly like it..

..asshole.

Constructive Criticism...

The Ep cover is way too involved. You're saying too much with too much. In my opinion, poor design relates to a poor product. Meaning, if the design is bad chances are the music is bad as well. No thought into the design, no thought into the music. It's a rule of thumb for me that has worked just about every time. Now, I'm not a fan of Hip-Hop so I don't know what's cool or how relevant the Four Elements are to each other. Last I was even concerned with them was when you were two years old. Anyway, I'd say lose the images of the lyricists on the upper corners. Lose the caps and the shoes and the mic. Focus on the name, since that's what you're selling. Using a 'Graffiti' style logo for your band is going to implicate Hip-Hop without you having to use unnecessary elements. All you're really doing is cluttering up the space with hard to make out images. Sure, upon close inspection you can see everything but for the most part... it's a mess. Back to the logo. Adding a color to seperate the letters is not working. That also implicates lazy design. Trust me, I know. I use short-cuts in all my pieces so I can spot them in others quite easily. Break the letters up. Or better yet, use a type face that you can give the same depth and weight to. And then use your 'Graffiti' style to write out 4our Elements. In my opinion, that would be way cleaner and speak louder.

I don't have time to critique the poster, but you lost on that one too. For all the same reasons.

Before you reply, keep this in mind. I gave you sensible criticism. It's yours, free of charge to use however you see fit. Take it or leave it. Please don't see it as disrespect. I am mearly trying to help you design a better cover that would appeal to wide range of kids interested in that genre of music. Rise above poor design in the Hip-Hop industry... one look through the Source magazine will give you plenty of bad ideas.

^^^Remember everything he said. One thing you want to look out for with photoshop is the use of canned filters! Use them in moderation. If your into special effects you want to achieve a look that makes people question how it was done. For instance the outer glow thing your using on your type is way too obvious. One thing you can do is duplicate the letters and seperate them onto to different layers. Next inverse one of them or change it to whatever lighter color you want. Now some good filters you can add to the lighter font are all the blurs and maybe median or something. Fuck with the opacity and free transform the type until you get a nice duplicated glow behind your black type. It's a simple technique but it gives you so much more freedom with the effect your going for. Use LEVELS on your photographs to. Theres a grey cast in most photographs that can usually be knocked out without fucking up the image quality. Enough nerd talk for me. P1

yeah i was gonna take the image of the guy off...and the lib was traced in the computer...i added sum filters to it and shit and thats what i came up with...i came a across it by accident...aight well im gonna do anouther cover using your ideas that you gave me to see which one would look better.......pieces

If your going to use filters make sure you have them on seperate layers so that you still have the og image intact and no offense but maybe you should just find someone else to design this for you, it takes work to understand design and you still gots a way to go. peace-

if i wanted sumone to design my stuff for me.....i wouldent be goin to school for graffic arts and design...and yes i know i have a looooooong way to go....let me just repeat my self one more time for those who are hared of seeing...i have been only been doin this for a year and a a half...i go to school everyday....as days go by i see i get better and better and i find out more things about the program...i just got sum new a filters and sum new text...so i think shit should be jumpin off.....and i know what leves and curves and all that bullshit is....but thanks for the info

ooooooooooooooooooooooook duke....just breath easy.....

i like how you tell me to breath easy, but cant accept criticism your damn self...you're very disrespectful, and that's how imma treat you...

oh and by the way, you're speaking to a female...so there's no need to call me "duke"...

alright man, not tryin to start beef with you or anything, but I know i'll probably get carried away here. . .I'm not ussually one to get involved in these bullshit arguments, but a lot of what you have done and said has gone too far for me to bear.

RULE: Learn to take criticism. . .and listen to Joker. He is a smart bloke, but more-so a talented ARTIST. You replied to him reasonably, but to pretty much everyone else here you have been a straight-up cunt. Give some respect and you might get some in return.

You learn nothing from being an up-yourself "i-know-this-game" mc-with-an-attitude bitch. If you really are in design school, then you better learn to take criticism, because you won't get anywhere in the industry without it.

As far as the original cover goes. . . .I'm gonna be straight-up with you.

It is a joke. Pretty much every obvious design mistake that can be made has been made in that one cover. The reason a lot of people haven't been more specific with you is because they either dont give a shit, or they have looked at that cover, then read your disrespectful posts and gone "this cat has no hope" and not bothered to waste their time on you.

As for the 4our elements crap you are goin on about. . . I think a lot of cats have been into that in their own time, but you gotta remember that no matter how important that stuff may seem to you, it is played out as hell. If your opinion is that the "four elements" represent the entirity of hip-hop, then that's nice and dandy, but putting them all on a CD cover just makes you look like another toy trying to fit into a culture he knows nothing about.

You haven't yet told us if you are also a writer, DJ, or b-boy, but I assume that you aren't, so don't try to represent with that shit if all you do is rap. NOTE: I AM NOT TELLING YOU TO GO AND TRY TO BE ALL FOUR.

What the original comment someone made about the "graffiti element being a bit weak" is not that you needed to put more of that shit on there with all those caps/nozzles whatever, but that if you are trying to rep four elements (which YOU shouldn't be doing in the first place), then the complete lack of style or form in that "LIB" thing shows that you got nothing in that department.

I can't believe that you've been doing graphic design for a year and a half and are still churning out such stereotyped, tacky, glarey, CHEAP and NASTY SHIT. I hate to be so harsh on cats like you, because you simply don't understand - but from all indications you just aren't gonna listen when someone puts it softly.

Good luck, maybe in another 10 years you'll look back and laugh.

and almost forgot, if you are in school for graphic design then hopefully you will continue to learn the programs the industry uses and progress artistically as an individual, the cover like said before is shit, so make another, and another, experiment, maybe you will come up with something equally pleasing to yourself and has enough appeal to its target audience and beyond when up for sale.

Archived