Graphic Design Techniques

TRYBOL

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest imported_El Mamerro

Casek, I figured you'd enjoy this thread. And thanks a lot for the good words, muchly appreciated, and I don't think i ever got to thank you for thr tips on the 3D stuff. Now all I need is to get the actual damn software on this computer...

honestly the 6x9 tablet is the perfect size. it fits right on my desk and has plenty of drawing room. once you go bigger you run into the problem of were to place it on your desk. Tesseract that is exactly the effect I was going for. I already accomplished that I was just tring to get it transparent so I can place it on any color background like you just did.

Guest imported_Tesseract

If you want it to be less than 1000 pixels, 'define' brush works so fuckin good.

Guest WebsterUno

yes, experiment with making your own brushes.

My workmate does that alot. I wish I couls show

you guys some of his stuff, very impressive,

and on the tip that Mamerro and tesser are on.

We got pretty big desks, so its not too big a problem.

I have a PC and a Mac on my desk, with 2 monitors.

I use both. My mac sits on my desk, next to me, haha...

and my pc sits on a seperate lil desk next to my big

desk. My workmate has a big tablet and it sits

nicely on his station, so it shouldnt be a problem.

Its just gonna take some getting used to. That pen

is hard to work with in Quark at first. Im sure

its easier with graphics programs.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Making brushes is fuckin awesome..unless you have my copy of photoshop and the weekly crash erases all your custom stuff:o

With the new brushes options on photoshop7, not having a tablet sucks...i need to get one of those to.

The biggest mistake one can make is to think that the desk, no matter how big, that the comp is on, can be a desk for other shit to. my printer, screen, scanner easily take a metter and some more...i need a studio godamnit.

Guest WebsterUno

I need a loft. :)

I got my desk, at home, from a

photography studio, its huge!

I was walking to the likah stow,

to get a pack of blunts, and these

2 guys were bringing it outside.

They put a "FREE" sign on it, so me

and my cuzz picked it up, and

walked it home! Had a few lil

scratches from exacto blades, but

so what, its mine now!! woo hoo!!

Guest imported_Tesseract

photography studio desk, sounds just proper....exacto blade scratches are medals of honour for nerds like us.

Re: check it, the workspace

Originally posted by yoink

its still a working congiuration, the desk cost me 60 bucks, came in tandem with a bookcase but it is extremely small. well work space area wise it is! here it is!

workspace.jpg

workspace2.jpg

working on gettin a new monitor, bigger, and flat, new keyboard, wireless to keep it outta the way. tablet and mouse on desk drawer,.printer on top shelf, scanner with newly acquired airborne express stickies on bottom shelf;)

work3.jpg

view of tablet and mouse....screen saver courtesy of designchapel.com, check itout its a mad site great personal portfolio site for the designer robert lidstrom i think.

and lastly some of the wiry mess goin behind the appearance of a clean workspace!

http://www.fatcap.co.uk/host/files/wires.jpg'>

overall the desk was cheap but id really like to get a two table desk, but i need a room big enough for that first!! this will have to do till i get outta of the town house and into a tad big bigger of an area, or a studio, yeah that would be nice! oops almost forgot the drawing table is to the right of the desk, which is nice.....

allright people post up your workspaces!

just puttin it on page 3 instead of the end of two.

those brushes are great. i was playing around with a few last night. i wish i had been playing with brushes earlier. i think i may start trying to integrate my photoshop stuff into my graffiti...for those that know, mostly 3d stuff, but i'm trying to get a goodhandle on portraits

That thread from a few years ago that was all El Mamerro and Tesseract was phenominal!! I can't believe I never saw it while it was in rotation. Bummed.

This whole computer generated artowrk thing is fairly new to me. I think it's pretty obvious through my work that I'm defitnitely inspired by it though. Have been for years. I just can't think in those terms though. I tend to think out really flat surfaces and they just don't come off like anything of interest. I'd like to learn more and progress to the point where I can create some nice stuff, but time and a simple mind keep me slow on the up-take.

Casek... the images on that disc are great! I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them but it might be a few till I can get to them and add my touch. It might look a little weird whatever I do. I mean, your art is all three dimensional and mine will be flat. I don't know... maybe it'll come through. We'll see.

almost forgot to comment on what you said about not being able to do 3d...Ciste has a pic he showed me of a 3d piece you did in his blackbook...so, i know what you said isn't true, you're just modest about it. i'll keep looking out for some 3d software for your mac.

how was the download process for those brushes. large file? I wanted to load about 2 dozen of them. I didn't get a chance yet.

the downloads are quick, the install is as easy as throiwing them into your brushes folder. they are well worth it.

Casek... the images on that disc are great! I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them but it might be a few till I can get to them and add my touch.

Joker, no problem. i'm sure whatever you do will turn out impressive. how'd you like the music? i'm still working on those pages...still have 4 to go. i'm a slowpoke.

Ciiste is now in michigan (i think), we need to have another meeting soon. well, as soon as you get the time. no rush. i've been quite busy, as well. by the way, we're convinced that you're satan. that's ok, right?

glad to see you're active in the good threads. keep us updated on the upcoming art show.

Originally posted by TRYBOL

Thank you El Mamerro. Thats exactly what I was asking. I sprayed a piece of white paper then scanned it in. I tried bringing it into stream line but that made it a mess.

I used the magic wand in photoshop to select it as a seperate layer, now I can place it in top of any photo. I still want to see if there is a way to bring it into illustrator clipped nice and clean. I was just looking at the new cave in cd cover. thats exactly the effect im looking for.

ive also seen people use long rolls of clear ascitate ( sp? plastic for over head projecters)

Speaking of Streamline...

Lately I've been messing around with the program as a way of saving time. Scanning in outlines and turning them in to vector images. The problem is that Streamline is not doing such a great job of matching up curves and straight lines. Very messy in fact. I've tried playing with the settings but it either makes things worse or no better at all. Is anyone else using the program have this same problem? And if so... how did you fix it? I thought maybe my original pen and ink line work was shoddy, but... in all honesty I'm not sure how I could make it any more clean. Without getting this program to respond any better I have to go back to re-drawing these outlines with the pen tool in Illustrator. And let me tell ya... it's a long and painful process.

Also, and I know I'm going to sound stupid here but that's okay, the colors on my screen don't reflect the colors on the printed final. And suggestions?

Archived