home shop for reapairs?

taper

well heres the deal. on my way driving the noramal way i go everyday i drive pas a small siding where that usally keep some cars. i alwys take a look and see if there is anything wort hitting that nite. now the other day to my surprise there is 4 lines of like 200 csx boxes there! old chessie flats and newr boxes too. so im almost crash looking at all the metal sex in font of me.no i know that htere must be a reason for this. what i dont knkow isy? so i decide to investigate since i remember them parking some older conrail boxes back there for some time a few years back. so i go there and see that they have been marked home shop for repair. now i tracked one and the info was unavailable? so i have 200 cars and im not really sure what to do? if i am correct i know they will move sometime but who knows how long that could be and waht if they are getting a new life as anoter companys car?i thoughta t first maybe csx didnt need all of thoes cars and sided them there until the deman went up for them? if anyone knows any info on this let me know thanks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest GUILTY COUNTY

DONT HIT THEM..

a while back the same happened for me..except at a NS mini yard..tons and tons of NS and southern box cars..i painted about 4 or 5..this was two years ago and they are still sitting there...its great for a flix but bad for the spot and it wont roll anytime soon..i did the same with the tracking and it came up unavailable...the best advice for you is to stay away for a while to see if they get changed out..some of the box cars need new doors, wheels, shocks, etc. chances are that if you paint them they may get buffed while the repair takes place..

Guest GUILTY COUNTY

and....

and if youor slick enuff..you can ask a worker questions about your yard and slip the question in there about the "ship home for repair":lol:

Guest cheesecurd

I got a part time spot where they lay up a line of stuff waiting for the break shoes or something to get changed. they roll out in 4 months. I say paint em if they're not all clean, and try as always not to blow up the spot.

do'em...

kill'em homie...It could be a random thing, but for the most part home shop for repairs do get out eventually depending on how important these cars are to them...Tell you from first hand experience, at a spot in my hot city theres a repair lay up on the side of a yard. Found them sittin' there for about 2 months...Hit five cuz' i wasnt sure on their future...Saw a couple of them on the metal headz section not too long ago...So hey, it depends i guess....If i were you i'd hit enough to not burn the lines and wait it out...They might get out and get wild...so shoot brotha....

• 3 weeks later...

HERES SOME ADVICE......

ITS BASICLY LIKE THIS.

THE OLD TRAINS MIGHT GET SCRAPPED IF THEY ARE REALLY OLD....

THE NEWER ONES ARE GOING IN FOR REAPAIRS OR A LUBE JOB.

THE BUFF IS ALLWAYS A FACTOR, BUT YOU CAN LOOK INSIDE THE BLACKBOX AND IT WILL SHOW THE DATE THE CAR WAS MADE, AND IF AND WHEN IT HAS BEEN REBUILT. THE NEWER CARS ARE PROBLY THE BEST BET TO RIDE.......

Archived