your parents

ubejinxed

Dad: alot of my female friends i used to bring to my house thought he was hot. gross. but he does dress good. hispanic,angry,controlling father who hates the thought of his daughter being around males. since i turned about.. 13 never got along with him. overly strict-in a crazy way. makes good food. still goes clubbing hah.

Mom: sweetiest oriental mom who i havent lived with since i was about 5, but i still love her so much. she would do almost anything for me, and although she is sweet..lady has a temper. cooks yummy thai food yum yum. and is beautiful and very caring. She lives in germany

i dont have a great relationship with either of them, my mom cause she lives in germany and my dad because we didnt get along. but i still love them both.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the older i get the clearer i see things. My parents are great people and i love them to death but something about them has really been buggin me lately. Recently one of my good friends got shot 5 times at a gas station. When i told them they looked very dissapointed. Not at me but at my buddy. The first thing they asked was "Was he a black kid?" Yeah. "Well what was he doing in that dangerous neighborhood at night?" He lived there mom. Remember? i used to live there. Then in a condascending voice she says "Well, what is he doing if anything to get out of that neighborhood?" Mom... what the hell is wrong with you? My friend just got shot up and has been in the hospital for the past month and you wanna know about his plans for the future? "Well these things have to be expected in those types of neighborhood, but i am sorry about your friend." Yeah, what ever.

My parents made a super huge come up and have all this money now, and its like they have forgoten where they came from. My mom grew up in hells kitchen during the 50's and 60's. She was the only white kid on the block. My dads parents weren't rich either. They were a house wife and a factory worker. He was the one kid that got sent to college. they saved for 20 years to send him and it was a tough choice between the two kids. I dont think that he has ever sat down and thought about if the role was reversed and his sister was the one to go to college, where he would be now.

They are for the most part really cool people. I just think that since they have seen me living in the ghetto poverty status that they are trying to do everything to help me out now that they have the means. Nobody wants their kids to go through the strugles that they went through. i think that they are just trying to distance me from the people that i know in order to help me out for the future and for the best of my judgement i dont think that is a bad idea. Who knows whats going on in their heads but i do know that they still to this day have more answers than i have questions.

My parents make me laugh

Mom: teaches 2nd grade, super nice to the point of being fake about it sometimes. Gets very upset and easily hurt. She has this laugh oh man its funny. She's not a very good cook or any of the other "house mom" stuff. But she sure knows how to vacation. lol.

Dad: You know the dad on malcom and the middle...yeah...lol... thats him...only a little fatter. He would be the goofy guy at the parent teacher conferenses muttering to himself and making faces at the small children. He cracks me up when I bring guys home for dinner though, if he doesn't liek the guy he'll just sit there and stare at him and not say a single word to the guy. It always makes me laugh. :lol:

my dad works all day and business travels all the time, my mom thinks im gonna live under a bridge when i grow up cus im "so dam STUPID"

They argue constantly

but somehow i get along with them most of the time and my dads really cool and willing to spend time with me when hes around

My parents got divorced when I was 16 (1967.) My mother was a homemaker and an alcoholic who joined AA. After the divorce, she went to work and tried like hell to work two jobs and go back to college. She finally dropped out, but managed to stay sober. I stayed home as much as I could stand it, and helped take care of my three younger sisters. I ran away home the first time at 13, then at 16, finally made it completely on my own at age 19. Mom worked 14 years as a secretary for an oil tool company.

My Dad was a commercial artist who always wanted to be a fine artist. He married my Mom during World War II. He was training to fly B-17 bombers when the war ended. He was married to my Mom 21 years, then fell in love with a young woman artist. She was an alcoholic too, like my mother, only younger and prettier. Dad divorced Mom, married this younger chick. What a mistake. She made his life hell on earth for ten years, until he divorced her too. He made a good living as a commercial artist, but made a lot of money when he retired, and he and his partner sold their business property. He moved up to a recreational community on a big lake and built a nice home. He lives there now, in his big house, alone and lonely.

My Mom smoked cigarettes. She started during the War, in high school. All the girls thought smoking was cool and sexy. She smoked from 1942 until 1986. It damaged her lungs. She has emphysema and COPD.

She had to get a valve replaced in her heart, about a month ago. She did not recover from the surgery. Now she is on a respirator machine. She has a tracheostomy. Her kidneys failed, they put her on kidney dialysis. She has respiratory failure. My Dad went to visit her, and cried.

Don't be stupid. Love the people around you, and be loyal. Don't smoke cigarettes. This story makes me sad.

If I could, I would just slip away some night and go ride freight trains for the rest of my life. But I can't do that, I have to go to work every day and I have to go visit my Mom. And I have to pay bills, zillions of bills. The parents write the check, but their kids have to cash it.

Don't do this.

mom: overprotective, paranoid schiztophrenic. has no freinds, dosent work, hardly ever talks to her family, so she focuses her attention 100% on my brother and i. i swear to god its making me have some serious mental issues. my only escape from my shitty reality is graffiti, nicotine and the computer.

dad:comes over every few months. barely know him.

Originally posted by !@#$%

oh and by the way...my dad has probably ruined it for me and men.

agreed. my dad was an emergency room doctor, came from a migrant worker family and his dad died while he was a teen, was in the second generation of hispanic students ever to go to UCSF med school. had scholarships all throughout school. survived 2 heart attacks (among many other medical ailments), made a great life for us and mom, gave everything to anyone, still taking care of us all even tho my parents aren't together (after this year) he's well read, know something about everything, i don't think i'd ever find someone like that ever.. but he sure was hard to grow up with.

from alure "hispanic,angry,controlling father who hates the thought of his daughter being around males" he was like that too. i wasn't allowed to call guys, have them in my room, go on dates, go in the car with them all throughout high school!!!

and my dad now is chillin' enjoying the single life diving in costa rica, chillin in SF, and anywhere else he likes. thanks for asking DEE!

can't say enough about my parents, i don't know where the hell i'd be without them! (mom's fab too!)

i'm feeling a little sentimental this morning.

Guest sneak

mum: irish red hed. <--that in itself says a lot...but yeh, she is one of those people who think your shit if you dont perform aswell as she did. (ie me). she came from the troubles in ireland and worked hard to get out of there. can occasionally be funny when taking the piss out of older brother. i hate introducing girls to her, the girl gets blasted with non sto talk of the following subjects: drugs, work, school etc..works for the Citizens Advice Beauro

dad: the parent i prefer. works in the media. i think he is loosing his mind / memory. has to hide the fact that he smokes from my mum. came from a upper class family. best person to talk to when in trouble as its always possible to convince him that your right....

both my parents are very good looking, what the fuck happened to me?

pops: wasn't around the very much from the time i was 1-13. hard working, strong man(physically and metally) went from being a violent alki to be a less violent sober. i think he smokes pot on the dl. i hate going to the beach with him cause he gets more bitches than i do. now we talk and hang out as mush as we can. everytime i kick it with him he tells me how sorry he is for not being there for me and my brother. hard working and has a very bad temper just like me. he's all about family and doesn't really care about anything else.

mom: she rocks, she's been there for me and my brother thru everything. been to my court dates, been at the gates when i got out of jail.worked 2 or 3 jobs to get me nice kicks when i was young. she takes in my friends who have no place to go. thros parties for our friends b-days and give gifts on christmas. has all of the homies back's like they were her kids. one time some foos called my house and said they were gonna shoot me so me and my friends waited outside for them and next thing i know my mom was in sweats with her hair tied back ready to handle shit. she's kinda going thru a mid-life crisis right now tho. but she's still the greatest person that ever lived. she's outgoing and very social, that's what i got from her.:cool:

dad: veterinary anesthesiologist (say that ten times in a row), he was a hippy in a hippy band in the late 60's. went into the army, got stationed in germany, came back and went to school perpetually until the early 90's. he's thinking about going back...anyway, he teaches at some university. he's a really cool guy. he's kind of spineless when it comes to my mom, but i think it's just the love he holds for her.

mom: kind of crazy. had a hard life growing up in boston. her dad beat her and her mom. her ex-husband beat her. i think my dad saved her from that marriage to the other guy. they just hang out with each other alot. i used to think my mom was fucking crazy lady from hell, things changed. i think i understand and love her alot more nowadays.

all in all, my parents did a good job raising me. i don't think i'd change any of it for the world.

My dad is the epitome of the traditional Korean father, he can be scary and so strict!!! But he loves me and would do anything for me.

My mom is a mix of tradition and contemporary, she likes tradition but is open minded at the same time. There's nothing in this world she wouldn't do for me either. She's a petite little thing but has a big roar.

I'm so lucky to have 2 parents who care for me. love me, and support me. I truly appreciate them and love them.

My parents. Good question. My parents are in the means of getting divorced right now so its hard to say how they really are because I am angry at them both at the moment.

My mom is a strict person. Very materialistic and young at heart. When she started to grow detached from my father, she would go out to parties with her younger friends. I think she is trying to re-live her youth. She and I rarely talked about sex or relationships, she wasn’t the type of person to open up to that anyway. She doesn’t drink nor smoke herb. She’s pretty much straight-edged. She watches her weight constantly, either that or she’s really not hungry. She’s loud, pessimist, gossipy, and a shit talker. She laughs most of the time. I rarely see her cry.

My father is a passive person. People say that I tend to be like him, but I think differently. He’s a provider for the family and worked hard as he was in a different state. I don’t know my father much because he was busy working all the time. he rarely got mad at us, it was my mother’s job to do so. But he would give us money behind my mom’s back, and he would allow us to do things when my mother said not to. He taught me how to play tennis and he taught me how to play poker. He and I drink when we go out to dinner. My dad’s cool.

Originally posted by KaBar

My Mom smoked cigarettes. She started during the War, in high school. All the girls thought smoking was cool and sexy. She smoked from 1942 until 1986. It damaged her lungs. She has emphysema and COPD.

my mom has like 6-7 cigarettes in a row every morning. whenever i'm home, i sometimes have to bring her water in the middle of the night cause she'll be coughing for like 15 min. straight.

she tried to quit a couple times but was never strong enough. so she started smoking behind our backs, even my dad would cover for her. it wasn't long til we found out. we jsut let it slide.

as a kid i could never even be in the same room as a smoker (still dont like it), that along w/ the fact that my mom always had to hide it lead me to perceive it as a huge weakness in a person and it's very difficult for me to respect someone that smokes. :o

My pops doesn't live wit me and my mom, but he comes around often. He's cool. He's an old school playa from Alabama. (Have brew, will travel)

My mom is too cool. I get alot of my personality traits from her. She's laid-back, but likes to party. She lets me be myself and do my thing. She even hooks me up wit' herb every now and then.

damn sounds like most of you have nice parents. envious

my father is a true polak, drinks till he cant walk anymore, then drives and crashes somewhere for someone to pick him up, leaving his car filled with stolen stereo equipment. he hurt his back at work and got a settlement for 30,000 but spent that all on drugs, liquor and the divorce lawyer. he fell out of a 3rd story building fighting with my uncle in the motel they were living in and broke almost every bone in his body. he got another settlement from that. he beat me everyday when i was bad and beat for the things that i was sure to do in the future. hes now homeless and his girlfriend died of aids 2 years ago. im sure my father didnt listen to BDP. i havent seen him in 3 years and dont know where he is. [not that im looking] my only fond memories were watching horror movies with him when i was little and letting me drink his beer.

my mother is a hard working woman and always tried to do the best for us during christmas. she hated me for being the male offspring of her husband and beat the hell out of me also. she finally kicked me out when i was 17 and i ended up taking care of myself, graduating college and leaving the country. because ive done so much she brags about what a good job she did raising me. she got remarried, moved out of the city into a suburban house, and is very happy. her and my sister got boob jobs together a couple years back for christmas. i rarely visit home and when i do we fight. so i`m taking notes on how not to be like both of them.

^^

wow that sucks, but that's excellent that you have done well for yourself! it's all so much better when you can say you got it all on your own.

and if u want, u can come to our family holiday gatherings, there's plenty of tequila and love to go around!

Originally posted by Devilush

My parents are in the means of getting divorced right now

mine too. it makes me sad more than angry, because i know they could work it out, and i know they still love each other, but i guess too much has happened between them. i just don't want them to be lonely. i don't think anyone wants to be alone, and especially older people.

Originally posted by ubejinxed

mine too. it makes me sad more than angry, because i know they could work it out, and i know they still love each other, but i guess too much has happened between them. i just don't want them to be lonely. i don't think anyone wants to be alone, and especially older people.

yea i think about them being alone but i think it's for the best. they werent fully happy ya know? i came over to their place last night to see the new puppy, and they seem to have their space. i know they'll be alright.

mom: spends much of her leisure time either cleaning up, cooking, or watching tv. she gets mad when i try to watch the simpsons instead of letting her watch everybody loves raymond. shes very lenient and invests alot of trust in me. she always lets me talk to her about my probs. she has alot of religious morals.. but she lets me get away with certain things. i have nuthin but love and respect for her.

my father on the other hand....

naw my dad is pretty much the same. he doesnt give a damn about what i do. hes not especially involved or concerned about my life. we connect when we discuss immature humor. he always seems to think im on drugs or sumthin. everytime i get allergies and i start sniffling... he assumes im on coke. and i always come home smelling like my friend's herbs. haha i think its hilarious when he tells me "you smell like cigarettes" hes kinda out there... altho he gets frustrated very easily. not exactly the role model father. hes not a deadbeat... but he doesnt make the best of his time. altho he always seems to find time to yell at me. its a love/hate relationship.

Originally posted by ubejinxed

^^

wow that sucks, but that's excellent that you have done well for yourself! it's all so much better when you can say you got it all on your own.

and if u want, u can come to our family holiday gatherings, there's plenty of tequila and love to go around!

thanks thats sweet of you. ill bring the limes. i dont regret any hardship that i ve been through as a kid. anger/depression can really fuel the fire for any ambition.

Archived