your parents

ubejinxed

so what are your parents like?

since they have such a large influence on most people's life, I thought it'd be interesting to find out what types of parents ya'll have

my mom is happy all the time, so energetic it's nuts, but a bit of an emotional pushover. she was a house mom so we had some good home cooked meals and bag lunches for school. she used to sew me bathing suits, shorts, dresses for dances. she made soap and baskets for holiday presents and i think knows how to do any sort of craft.

my dad is a hot tempered man that can do anything he sets his mind to. has re-done boats, cars and houses. a bit irrational and very stubborn but does anything he can for those he cares about.

and you?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Mom: patient accounts worker/house mom(the best cook ever:yum: )/easy to talk to/easy going/great sense of humor

Dad: funny/temporarily unemployed/works around the house(pretty much fixes everything)/exactly like me

my family kicks ass:D

your Dad seems really cool Ube.

so mine....

Mom: Simple living ecologist who lives for gardening travelling and is just really into good living. You know there's some people who dont seem to act religious or go to church but they just seem so good hearted that heaven would be missing out if they ended up in Limbo? Well that's my mom. Plus she has a network of spies to watch me.

Dad: He's really into all things tech and he's the master of the ill-conceived 'get-rich-quick' skeme. He's a really smart guy but ends up soming off as a little condescending at times. He's been in the film biz for thirty something years so I guess his nepotism helped me out a bit.

Even though they split up when I was 4, they both managed to be incredibly good to each other. I can say that I've never seen my parents fight and I've never been put in between them. That might be the advantage of being the only son of two people who are smart enough to realise that I'm going to have to be looking after them one day.

When they get old I'm making them retire to the same nurshing home.

Wont that be some sweet revenge for all those curfews and weeks of $1 allowances.

my mom. oh lord. she thinks shes a diva. she can be rude, and she thinks shes some important authority and that everyone in the grocery store, grocery store, store people in general should give her special treatment and gets them to give her no tax. how? i have no idea. she's beautiful. shes tough. shes strong. shes sexy. shes 52. she's classy and very ghetto too. she'll fight for anything she believes in, and even though she never got passed the 5th grade, shes the most successful smart business woman i know.

my dad is 77! he's this still good looking older guy who is filled with philosiphy and his heart is so big and warm that it makes me cry everytime i think about him. i miss him alot, and see him atleast once a year. he's going to live to be 200, and he's filled with so much life. he's the guy who gives you money and says "dont tell mom, or else she wont give you any more money if you tell her i gave you some already" and he'll sneak candy in your lunchbag when you're not supposed to have any. he lets you stay home from school and will drive you to the mall to see a movie and pick you up in two hours. he loves kids, and will make the best grandpa. he never got passed the 2nd grade, cant read or write, but he still would go to burgerking for me when im sick with a lil list i wrote out to give to the cashier and bring me home a lil meal when all my mom would make me eat is soup! i still cry when i think about all the stuff my dads done, he's the fucking greatest!!! he makes me heart melt.

word Dee, my dad would do just about anything for his little girls! i swear that man would walk through fire just to make sure we were ok. i know there is no way i'll ever be able to repay my dad for what he has done for me (my mom too). I really value having him around since he had 2 heart attacks b4 the age of 40.

aww i should call him now...

i love my parents..

my dad is uber-intelligent

my mom is beautiful

both are easygoing, down with supporting my interests, including graf, and great for getting advice..funny too, my mom can get to laughing hysterically

they are very different personalities...almost opposites..

oh and by the way...my dad has probably ruined it for me and men...he is the be-all-end-all devotee to his wife, would kill for her..doesn't EVER turn his head to even look at another woman, is not interested in ANYONE else but her, even after 26plus years..they are completely utterly devoted and always have been, to each other...they don't even really have friends..they just hang out together and enjoy their half of the same brain..

Originally posted by ubejinxed

word Dee, my dad would do just about anything for his little girls! i swear that man would walk through fire just to make sure we were ok. i know there is no way i'll ever be able to repay my dad for what he has done for me (my mom too). I really value having him around since he had 2 heart attacks b4 the age of 40.

aww i should call him now...

EXACTLY! my dad would die for his family, and i'd die for my moms and pops too.

so how is he doing now ube? i hope he's doing good, sounds like it. :)

i know what you mean--- i just think about my dad and i want to call him! he doesnt call anyone much, but i just recently wrote out our phone number for him when he came here last month for vacation, and he put it in his wallet. he actually CALLED me a week later to tell me a cute story about how he saw my best friend and her baby at some party, and how happy he was to hold her, and how she never cried once! then he asked me if my belly has gotten bigger. that call meant alot, because he went through his wallet, and found our number, and called me. he's not stupid, but all that effort amazes us, since has a hard time reading or dailing out calls on their lil hi-tech cordless phone. he's not dumb, but for him to do that... man it means so much. :)

Originally posted by suburbian bum

My parents are overprotective to the max. It seriously has done me harm. Im 16 almost 17 and i can only drive to guitar lessons and sometimes school if i need to stay late because they are scared i will get in a car crash.

mine were the almost the same way, i could only drive to school and straight home. but face it, 16 year olds are bad drivers.

my parents never really cared too much for me.. i was always sort of an asshole.. and just.. never went by thier rules. i was definately a mistake when my mom had me at the age of 17.

my mom can be cool but i dont see her too often.

my dad is an asshole most of the time.. i dont see him too often either.

my mom is a respected artist and works a lot in her medium's field so shes always traveling and busy. shes sometimes pushy, but i know that its because she loves me and wants the best for me.

my dad is just like me. also an artist, but he is just lazy sometimes and didnt start painting again until recently. we have the same sarcastic sense of humor and hanging out with him is like hanging out with a good buddy. just relaxing and shooting the shit about life.

my dads had a beard sinse he was 17 and now hes 55 , ive never seen him without a beard , hes this retired hippy who travelled all over the place and now has the coolest storys from his travels , now he just chills at home and writes books .

mum was smart and good looking back in her day , kind of a goody goody i rekon coz she has all these dog awards and shit and always rode horses , none the less shes a champion .

my parents are pretty cool id say

Guest imported_Tesseract

its funny cause i can already see that the people i like in here give a description about their folks that sounds nice aswell...

My parents, like most couples that stay married for 25+ years, are total opossites as personalities, they share the same dreams and believes but they cope with shit in different ways. They both belong in the 'may 68' generation' and that defines how me and my sis got raised.

shit, i tried to write this thing 3 times only to go back and delete it, its really hard for me to fit their personalities in a paragraph...to sum it up, i'd be more than happy to live the life my folks did, the experiences, the success, the family...

The closest description available is released on DVD titled 'The Tenebaums'

please believe.

dad: alright guy, kind of a victim of the american dream: workaholic always trying to get the better life for his family. a little too hung up on whether people respect him or not, but a good guy i guess.

mom: not all that emotional. always talking about how much smarter i am than she is and how i should use it to it's potential. kind of excepts things at face value. i say disturbing stuff to her just to stimulate some sort of reaction.

both still married middle class republicans *american flag*

Originally posted by Vanity

mom: not all that emotional. always talking about how much smarter i am than she is and how i should use it to it's potential. kind of excepts things at face value. i say disturbing stuff to her just to stimulate some sort of reaction.

my little brother does that shit

Guest ctrl+alt+del
Originally posted by IntangibleFame

My mom is crazy...and crazy...well not that crazy...but still crazy...

no, she IS THAT crazy. I liked when i knocked on the door, and she checked through the peep hole, saw me, and then decided to not open the door and went back and sat down.

Archived