Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kaesthebluntedwonder

stations of the elevated

i saw this recently...i thought it was well done, the way it's shot makes nyc look like an alien landscape...it's by Manny Kirchhmeier and has music by Charles Mingus.

i don't know too much about films but it's something i would like to start seeing more. drop science...

I was just thinking about this movie yesterday, and was wishing I had bought it when I spotted it on Ebay a while back. It sounds like one of the best and earliest graffiti videos out. I am definately interested in checking it out.

Guest imported_SecretAgentX9

definitely worth the purchase. it's a cool layback with some beers type movie.. really interesting cinematography..

music is cool too.

Guest TEARZ

it's awesome. especially if you like mingus, like me- older type mingus like me myself an eye stuff.

Guest imported_Europe

Good, interesting, weird and fascinating at the same time.

I first saw this film when I worked at Tower Video back in 1990. It came in as a rental and I took it home as a gift. I watch it often. And still to this day graffiti is summed up in one scene in that movie. When the kids are watching the cars go by at top speed. There's a scene where the camera is fixed on one of the kids eyes. And how fast his eyes are moving to catch every little piece of information and inspiration. The dedication of seeing it all. Maybe even catching a glimpse of his own work. It almost gives me chills...

------------------

jokerihubaTranscend

Anyone know if this film can be found outside the U.S? I need a PAL version but I'm having trouble finding it anywhere

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this