Losing Teeth

Spike

Argh, my dentist told me for several years that I needed orthodontic treatment and I completely ignored him.... then one of my friends who is a dentist had a look at my mouth and pretty much organised for me to get treatment there and then cuz he thought that my mouth was pretty fucked up. Thank god that this is all covered by medical insurance, but what is fucked up is the losing of healthy teeth. I just had two extracted today and it didn't hurt too much, but now it's beginning to really ache.

Share your tooth extration/braces/orthodontics experiences, since America is the land of shiny white teeth. Or something.

-Spike

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

when i was little i had to have a molar taken out due to the big ass cavity i had, the root canal wasn't going to work or something. I now have at least two fillings on each molar. lovely hunh?

my friends mom is missing some of her teeth up front, pretty bad looking. i cannot stress enough the importance of having your teeth!

i hate those dreams where all your teeth are loose and fall out!

Never had a cavity. Never had a filling. Never had braces. Never had whitening.

Everytime I floss my teeth (at least every other day)

I thank my lucky stars that I got my mom's 'gameshow host' teeth

instead of my dad's 'snaggle tooth grill'. Thanks again mom!

Hmm. Lucky people. I've got white teeth, but nature chose to give me a small jaw and big teeth. The only reason I'm getting the treatment is because otherwise I can't even get to some of my teeth to brush them, meaning that they'll probably rot before I hit 30. Sucks eh?

Speaking of dreams where you lose your teeth, I had a freaky one where someone punched me in the face and I lost all my teeth, and it didn't hurt. Then later in the dream I suddenly had teeth again.

If only life were that simple.

Never had a problem with teeth..

The only memorable incident was when I got 4 wisdom teeth pulled out at once. (My jaw is too small)

I was midsentence, they knocked me out. I woke up continuing my sentence but unable to talk because I was sans 4 teeth and numbed.

It really got funny when my cheeks puffed up so I looked like a chipmunk while getting drunk and running away from 14 year old lesbians, goth/raver geeks and those strange older guys that seem to always leek in at house partys.

Guest sneak

this didnt happen to me, and i thank my lucky stars whenever i think of it. the story goes that this boy who i knew (he had braces) was skateing (inline) down a road near mine. now this road was a hill, hence the attraction to skaters. anywho...they guy was skating, tripped, fell, flew down the road on his face etc....

somehow, his braces got caught in the skin of the inside upper lip.

RIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.....blood came gushing out as his mouth hit the ground. i think he only lost 1/2 a tooth, but his mouth was fucked. as you could imagine.

on a separate note, i think my story telling abbilities become some what better after a spliff....

Archived