Missed Opportunities

RumPuncher

If you don't know what you're missing, who gives a fuck? Damn I'm pessimistic. I regret my whole life. What a waste. Just thinking about who I could've been and who I AM. It's a damn crime.

Buddhist philosophy: Freedom from desire is true happiness. Fuck all your regrets, fuck your desires. You got yourself. Fuck the bullshit. Love is a weakness, friends are weaknesses. How many of them you think care about you as much as you do? Probably fucking none of them, damn selfish bastards. "Arm yourself, a branch, a third arm. Extend your health, crawl inside euphoria." How many friends would you have if you were that 3rd world starving child born with AIDS? Pray for medicine, kill for food. See what I mean? I see this society as a bunch of parsites just feeding off each other, once someones life is expended they flock to the next victim. Quite sick and not absolutely true I know, but sometimes generalizations ring alarmingly true. Consumerism, capitalism, corporatism, facsim, imperialism, empiricim... all those schisms. Fuck those labels. Fuck what they represent. I hate it all. Divide and conquer with the unquestioning, unthinking alleigance of your allies. Fuck that. I AM an island. I AM my own person. I'm not motherfucking Hunter S. Thompson, motherfucking Micheal Jackson, or any other fuck you use to size up and rationalize within the finite realms of paradigm and prior knowledge. "Any resemblance to persons living or dead is coincidence" as a matter of fact the patterns you recognize are your OWN institutions you have laid in place..... You have structured this. I have only ever wanted freedom from it to be my own person. Cliques, classes, countries, all of them instruments and tools of SOMEONE ELSE's design. Not our own. Maybe our ideals merge but there will be a point of divergence, always, we are all our own people. Failure to recognize this leads to disillusionment and means your a pawn in the matrix. I can't even trust my own mother you think I really trust these gigantic corpo-goverments? Hell naw. The only thing which manages to hold them together (barely) is the desire of self-preservation and desire itself. These institutions supposedly founded on principles such as freedom, justice, equality, etc.... in reality strung together on this power trip. In fact anyone too "square" is looked upon with suspicion and kept at arms length from the roiling chaos hidden within. Why do you not think they are so afraid of light piercing their cloak of darkness? So even the good within is subdued and exposure from without is rejected. I have seen so much corruption throughout my OWN life it is enough to.... well... it really is a wonder I manage to get up in the morning. No seriously it surprises the hell outta me. Well, I can see I'm getting inflamed, I must shut up.

I'm a very idealistic person. Seeing as how I'm having a hell of a time finding someone who can live up to my ideals, that buddist philosophy rings ever true. Maybe even if somebody felt as strongly as I do, it would be hard for me to recognize... sometimes I see it, in work, in sacrifice, in death.... That stuff really moves me. I would hope to not see all of this done in vain, even if ultimately only the good lord will see and recognize such a lost cause as this.

Well are you down for the cause, or are you down just because? Do kids today even know what the cause is anymore? I really gotta wonder. Are all the heros I grew up with forgotten their roots, given up the fight and carving out their own little existence in society to forget about the world of trouble outside? From hippies to yuppies, from punks to whiney goth emo popfucks, from gangsters to parlayers of the pleasurdome, we are all becomeing forgetful, and ineffectual. "Mind control, the safest way, sponsored by the CIA." You may have your ear to the horn, your eye on the prize, your guns and your unwavering faith in the sovereignty of your nation but do you have your own mind? Do you even have yourself?

Villains just playing fool, this incendiary rhetoric is for the birds. Just forget anything upsetting, live blissfully in ignorance, happily ensconced in your artificial realities. That is all. Have a nice day. FUCKS!

VillainONE

life

love

god

king

<H1>THE</H1>CAUSE<H1>THE</H1>REVOLUTION

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I don't dwell on regrets.

I only have one. New Year's, 2000. A girl. Something I didn't say which would have sealed the deal. I held back thinking there would be a later. There was no later.

That one still bothers me despite my anti-regret stance. She was fly...and she was all over me, which is very rare.

now im a bit depressed...

now im a bit depressed, but not only from all of what i have read also from then me thinking about all the things i regret.

well i guess i regret most things in life where im too nervous to call some1 or to do something and when it passes me by i cant stop thinking about how it would be so easy if i had that chance again.

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS

i regret writing graffiti too... im too addicted now, it fucked up a lot of friendships and made me waste a lot of time, but on the other hand i've met a lot of people and been a lot of places i otherwise wouldnt have.

Originally posted by Cracked Ass

I don't dwell on regrets.

I only have one. New Year's, 2000. A girl. Something I didn't say which would have sealed the deal. I held back thinking there would be a later. There was no later.

That one still bothers me despite my anti-regret stance. She was fly...and she was all over me, which is very rare.

you don't have to respond... but i hope this is over more than just ass... and i know all to well the nonexistent 'later.'

that is one thing i noticed w/ chicks... you get one shot and that's it... only other option is years of akward friendship.

i sometimes regret never becoming friends w/ a girl but seeing the stock to choose from lets me quickly for get that

I don’t regret much because I feel that if I had a missed opportunity, there had to be a reason why I didn’t seize it. So I try not to dwell on the “what happened if…” sorta thing.

But for the sake of this thread, I regret the fact that I didn’t take a mini vacation after I graduated.

i passed up eating a mint stick

not joining a kiddie west indian carnival

not joining a steel drum band

not cont. to play the violin

not taking up the offer to have someone teach me the guitar

and knowing me i probably passed up the opportunity to go on a roller coaster or some crazy ride

i wish i did em all but i didn't oh well

as with everyone else not making the move when i should have and letting one slipp...

not listening to my grandfathers advice

becoming extremly hardheaded

wasted too much time

didnt read enough

wasting so much time with my girlfriend...i still do but i guess ill lament it when its gone....meh...