where are all these news channels getting thier poll results?

iloveboxcars

it might just be the company i keep, but no matter who i talk to they seem to be mostly against the war. even on this message board majority seems to be anti-war. but all these news channels always talk about thier 60% for war and 40% against war polls and.. i just don't get it. i think they are starting to pull these numbers out of thier ass.

i guess i just wanted something to complain about.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the other day i read some figure (on fox i believe) that stated 78% of americans were glad we invaded iraq.

i honestly think they must have just flat out made it up. i cant for a second believe it.

the world is fucked, this is the end.

Originally posted by seeking

the other day i read some figure (on fox i believe) that stated 78% of americans were glad we invaded iraq.

i honestly think they must have just flat out made it up. i cant for a second believe it.

the world is fucked, this is the end.

but with polls you also have to take into consideration who actually took the poll. polls can never be accurate until everyone has answered the question. otherwise i can make 3 people i know will vote for the war vote and only 1 i know who doesn't want the war and boom, you got my statistics.

Guest sneak

im not sure if im anti or pro war. i think saddam should be gotten rid of, and if this is the way to go about it then hey

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I just recently became a member at the cigaraficionado.com forum, and it's unbelievable how different the bulk of opinion is among those older people than us younger ones. You know how this site has like 2-3 threads a day posting up some anti-war article, or simply anti-war rant? It's exactly the opposite there. Almost everyone is right wing, and there are a great deal of threads about support for the war and general disdain for those who don't. It's quite fucking aggravating to be honest.

It became apparent to me that a lot of older people we don't talk to or deal with are in favor of this war. I'm not saying that forum is representative of older people in general, it's not even close, but to tell you the truth I'm not surprised and don't doubt for a second that the 60-40 divide is true. We just associate with people who are like-minded and therefore don't see this support for the war as much. Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest KING BLING

^

Actually it has much more to do with selfish behavior

1) They will never have to fight in a war so it becomes easy for them.

2) Those that are veterans, though many are good men (I know a few), are sort of whitewashed and support wars blindly as if it's there duty not to speak out against any war no matter its purpose. That is the impact of the military on them, good soldiers and heros on their own merits but representitive of a collective of ideas and behaviors I can not support.

3) People enjoy endulging there emotions, it feels good. That is why a lot of movies with heavily patriotic themes - other themes do apply - can make me feel good despite my political beleifs...until I reflect on WHY I feel good. The same goes for things like beef in graffiti - it makes sense to try to squash as much as you can to preserve your work but at the same time it feels better to go after people.

4) I can sit down and discuss this war with people and keep an open mind, most pro-war people just cannot fathom hearing me out. This goes with many of the above points but reflects a closed minded sense of duty which is self reinforcing. If your ideas are strong and logical you would have no need to hold them up out of reach of anyone who does not believe as you. I find that these people are typically uninformed, or informed by major media outlets over their DIRECTV satellite dishes with very few voices of dissent.

I think those polls are bullshit to make people feel comfortable with the war, kind of like "everyones for it, why arent you". Even if they are real polls, I bet they poll like 500 white republican businessmen from fucken orange county or another conservative area. But even besides that, It is pretty obvious that the general media has a very pro war agenda, same with their pro bush bullshit.Its pretty obvious when anti war protests are downplayed or outright ignored yet a dozen fools on a corner with USA flags gets a 10 minute story, I also love how they blur the stories about supporting our troops and being prowar, which are 2 seperate things. Not to mention the 99% of Bush and his cronies' actions are never covered(cutting veteran aid, their constant procorporation/antiworker behavior). Even the whole format of news and newscaster comments is too fucken sleazy to conceal their agenda. Most media corporations' parent companies are making big $$ off this war and their Bush/Cheney meat puppets.

Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by mr_president

i like things of both the democratic and the republican parties, neither is perfect on their own, but if i had to vote, i'd probally go republican.

the democratic party has to many plans to help the less fortunate, which is nice and all but the majority of those people i think take advantage of all those programs, and until they tighten up the rules and regulations, they are more harmful than helpful i think.

my neighbor expressed his beliefs on both parties and why he was republican and it made a lot of sense. i beleive in working for what you got and so on, and a lot of people who are democratic like those programs i spoke of that give shit away to them without making them earn it, fuck all that

:king:

Well said...I would counter however that the republicans you would be voting for, in general, have never had to "work for what [they] got." Bush is a prime example of this, he is against affirmitive action yet the only reason he got to go to Yale was his Fathers money and power. Like you said here you beleive in a two party balance so you likely are not a huge fan of that sort of scenario either but I think most people who vote republican have a very skewed idea about these programs...most poor people would prefer to work at a decent paying job than scam the system, the reason they have to scam any system is that the system itself is not working correctly to help. It needs changes but not to prevent scams, rather to genuinely assist people easily and without isolating them or humiliating them. To beleive otherwise is basically classism with hints of racisim.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

So tease, if these people who work hard and earn money, then pay for their kids and basically lead them into the same position WITHOUT the hard work, how are others supposed to be able to gain that position? There's only so many people that can occupy the top spots, and if rich kids are able to get in there because of their parents, then the true hard workers don't stand a chance. Beer,

El Mamerro

WRONG

The correct answer to this thread was: Your Mama

you all fail.

oh and if any of you are in marketing or advertising, kill yourselves.

Originally posted by iloveboxcars

it might just be the company i keep, but no matter who i talk to they seem to be mostly against the war. even on this message board majority seems to be anti-war. but all these news channels always talk about thier 60% for war and 40% against war polls and.. i just don't get it. i think they are starting to pull these numbers out of thier ass.

i guess i just wanted something to complain about.

it all comes from the misinformation reserve in connie chung's butthole

hah tease i dont really hate you mang.

Youre someone on this message board and when i get bored with all my daily shit i come here and argue with you.

And i have nothing against market and etc. Its just from a song i was listening to.

Im plenty happy with people who would make money through exploitation

Archived