Neato Guns

SpyD

M-24 Sniper Weapon System

The U.S. Army adopted the M-24 to replace the use of the M-14 developed into a sniper rifle (the M21 and XM-21.) The M-14 was good too, but the U.S. Marines were routinely outshooting Army marksmen using their M40A1 rifles. The U.S. Navy SEALS have a different version of the M-21 called the M-25. They love it, and think that it is much superior to the M40A1. The M40A1 is the sniper rifle I am familiar with, and the ones that my battalion had in it's armory when I was an active-duty Marine. They were issued to a special platoon within the Headquarters & Service Company called "STA Platoon" ("Stay Platoon") which stands for "Surveillance and Target Acquisition Platoon." They were basically a little miniature Recon unit within every infantry battalion. Their job was to sneak around out in front of the battalion's advance and obtain intelligence about the location, disposition and strength of "enemy forces." The battalion snipers were part of STA Platoon.

The M40A1 rifle was designed, tested and developed by a team headed by Marine Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock. Gy Sgt Hathcock was the most renowned sniper to ever serve in the Marines, and had 93 confirmed kills, all during the Vietnam conflict. The North Vietnames had a $10,000 bounty on Gy Sgt Hathcock's head. They called him "White Feather", because he wore a small white feather in his boonie cap to give his adversaries a fleeting fair chance.

The M40A1 is built on the same action as the M-24, which is the Remington 700 action. The stocks in both cases are synthetic. The M40A1 uses fibreglas, the M-24 uses glass-filled Kevlar. Both are excellent in terms of accuracy. The optics on the M-24 are superior to the M40A1. Both barrels are exceedingly accurate, free-floating, commercially-developed "varmint" heavy barrels. They are the best the U.S. precision shooting development community has to offer.

Being a former Marine, I prefer the Marine Corps approach to solving combat problems. The Marines demonstrated that bolt-action sniper rifles are inherently more accurate, and the Army saw that, and developed a very similar rifle to the M40A1, just newer and somewhat more sophisticated.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Æ°

Just about every gun posted in here is from counterstrike.

actually, i think that these guns MAY be from real life, and that they are just featured in CS. although i could be wrong?

That one pistol looks like a customized Ruger MK II pistol with a shorter-than-normal "bull barrel," and a pistol scope mounted. It sort of looks as though it's been polished enough to take some of the corners off of it.

Guest SayOne

looks like that sword from that ff8 game

Originally posted by Glik0

Thats the one i was looking for the 50 mag.

Stop a charging bear dead in its tracks.

hell yeah 3x's more powerful than a 44 magnum

Archived