THE STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS 2003

T.T Boy

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Weapon X

I'm not totally sure about the Corson thing. He talked to the Toronto Sun himself, but I didn't get a chance to pick up that paper. The other papers have interviews with his agent. From what the Globe and Mail said, he is pretty pissed off about being a healthy scratch seven times in the regular season and twice already in the playoffs. Compare this to being never a healthy scratch in his NHL career (which spans I think 15 or 17 years). He is an emotional guy, and this usually helps in playoff situations as we've seen him play hard before, but I guess this is one of his drawbacks for being emotional. It's too bad, he's a good, gritty player, and I wish him all the luck in his career. I don't think he's retiring, as preliminary reports last night on TSN suggested.

*another reason Corson's agent says he retired is because this whole being benched thing is a distraction to the other players. Also, the Globe was talking about how some Leafs may even be happy to see him leave, namely Roberts (Roberts' agent is the same guy, and he said that is ludicrous).

Dudes a fucken CRY BABY, he did get down and dirty and he truly gives it his all, but if he loved the team as much has he claims too he'd be cool with maybe riding the pine for some FRESH LEGS to get in the game............fucken bum.

FUCK THE FLYERS

• 2 weeks later...

Mighty Ducks vs. Dallas was a great game last night. They finally lose a game.

The Tampa Bay game vs New Jersey was messed up! Pat Burns wasn't allowed to make change on the last faceoff of the game. He had 4 forwards out there (goddamn refs are idiots - the defenceman, white, got sent to the bench even though he was on the ice), and in the ensuing play, TB scored and won in OT. That sure dashed NJ's hopes of coming back after a 3-0 deficit.

and the Mighty Ducks score (John LeClerc to Sandis Ozolinsh, I think) with a minute left in regulation to take the series. WhodaFUKwouldathunkit?

and Vancouver got slaughtered tonight.

Ozolinsh's first career playoff goal, too.

Originally posted by INDIAN GIVER

the further vancouver gets in these playoffs the worse the riot is gonna be...

I'm banking on that! got off the train about 30 minutes ago at GM place and saw the disapointed crowd shuffling off back to surrey. cops out in full force....they even had a ghetto bird circling cause everyone thought this was gonne be it. if we lose this series its gonna be ugly. if we lose it in 7 its going to be REAL ugly.

as I said before...I hope we go as far as possible. I want some real fucking mayhem.

oh, and in true candian fashion. we had a gameday raffle for a couple of don cherry bubba kegs at work today. I never win that shit. someday....

Originally posted by effyoo

and I want to see the pictures that come out of that mayhem.

please beleeb. I was hanging close to home incase they won and people went apeshit. I had to be out to take some photos for class anyhow. may not get a chance next game. if we get to the next round I'll be sure to "cover" the riot for my loyal 12oz viewers...

i was so pissed when detroit got swept by anahiem in the first round. bieng a goaltender myself i really am impressed with gigere and think that anahiem will go to the finals or the wild. on the other side i think it will be jersey in the finals.

Originally posted by ese

please beleeb. I was hanging close to home incase they won and people went apeshit. I had to be out to take some photos for class anyhow. may not get a chance next game. if we get to the next round I'll be sure to "cover" the riot for my loyal 12oz viewers...

you should get a little press card and stick it in your hat like in the old movies.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Weapon X

quackquackquack!

what's the deal? Predictions? I wanna drop some dough on Mighty Ducks tonight. They can do it. Jerz is gonna be shocked. Fact is, the Ducks have everything to lose tonight. Steve Thomas will win in overtime.

Guest im not witty

im going to say ducks too, with the shocker. i hope they win with the flying V or they triple deke.

Guest im not witty

goddamnit. i really got invested in them damn ducks ever since the first round. ho hum oh well. as soon as jersey scored the first goal i knew it was over. at least i never have to hear "lets get jiggy with it" anymore.

Archived