THE STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS 2003

T.T Boy

so, whos gonna win lord stanleys cup this year?

i got my hopes on Toronto, and Ottawa, Vancouver would be nice too, but after tonights thrashing well have to see. oh and go Edmonton too. what a surprise that was. i also gotta give it for the mighty ducks, good job on beating gay ass detroit. i fucking hate the red wings (except yzerman). and it would be cool for them to beat out the champs. i guess this is the hockey playoff thread. keep hockey talk in here.

the_stanley_cup.jpg

its going to be good.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the best part, is that you called detroit 'gay', but somehow 'the mighty ducks' are not gay? mighty ducks?! its a franchise named after a kids movie. it could have just as arbitrarily been the '101 dalmations' or the 'snow whites'. thats gay.

how can you hate on any of the original teams? detroit has been down with hocky since day one... none of this johny-come-lately bullshit.

dont hate, congratulate.

it doesent matter what a hockey club is named.

i dont like detroit. im not a detroit fan. i dont really care if theyve been there since the beginning or not. maybe if they had the original team playing then id be impressed. still, i hate the red wings.

fuck is toronto getting they asses kicked...

what i wouldnt give to see an all canadian stanly cup final..

yep, Toronto got fucked up tonight badly (so did I at the bar), but we did win a game in Phila. I don't know what was wrong; we got royally trashed.

What the HECK is up with Vancouver? I didn't see much of the game last night, so I don't know exactly in which aspect of the game they were playing on crutches and wheelchairs.

The Detroit vs. Mighty Ducks game was stellar in terms of suspense, and I'm glad Anaheim won it. Don't get me wrong, a Detroit vs. Toronto Finals would be classic, but I'm in it to win it. If Anaheim wins this, good for them. Kariya, among others on that team, need this first round victory.

Ottawa...they are not selling out - IN THE PLAYOFFS! They were the best team overall this season, yet their fans are nearly non-existent. It baffles me. Edmonton lost tonight, I believe, but you done know I'm rootin' for all teams Canadian.

[see signature]

I would LOVE to see Ottawa and Toronto, I would bet my nigga over their a whole car on a Toronto win.Toronto got killed the other night but let see how gos it tonight.Alot of injurys and alot of hot headedness but they're my boys!

Look at seeks getting salty over his gay citys GAY TEAM.....I got love for Scotty and what he's done but with out Scotty they ain't got the heart! I wanna see them fall.

arrghghghg. my one refuge from stanley cup talk ruined! I work with lots of middle aged, and generally suburban people. this translates to all work conversations revolving around the playoffs. I don't hate hockey, and I hope we make it to the cup (for the riots mostly), but I don't need to hear about it all day.

anyhow, what riot do you think is better? celebration or defeat? defeat is usually alot angrier and violent, but the winning riots let you get away with a little more. either way if we get to the cup I'll be in the thick of it, just based on where I am in the city. fun...

Originally posted by ese

arrghghghg. my one refuge from stanley cup talk ruined! I work with lots of middle aged, and generally suburban people. this translates to all work conversations revolving around the playoffs.

Thats the exact reason I started watching hockey, because everyone (and I mean everyone) at my work is obsessed. I couldn't hold a conversation with them until I started following hockey.

Don't get me wrong, I was always a fan (god, i'm canadian, its in the blood), but not a big enough fan to turn on a game and watch it. Just go to a game a year or something, you know?

Now, i've been indoctrinated. I was listening to it on the radio tonight and when I got home i turned on the tv and watched the rest while browsing 12 oz.

You know the first thing I'm gonna say when I get to work tomorrow?

"Hey, you see the game last night? Did you see _____'s goal? Amazing!"

On the riot tip: We only riot on Canada day here. Once every 5 years.

ese, i'm going to T&T tomorrow to go get sweet corn and shrimp chips. dope.

Damn, i just wrote alot.

Originally posted by effyoo

On the riot tip: We only riot on Canada day here. Once every 5 years.

ese, i'm going to T&T tomorrow to go get sweet corn and shrimp chips. dope.

Damn, i just wrote alot.

we take care of biz on canada day too. went to t&t today for bagels and itchiban, and decided to try some other brand of noodles as well. Its called Dosirac. and it comes in a styrofoam tray with a picture of a nurse looking woman holding a plate of noodles. They have so many varieties of instant noodles I'm determined to try them all.

I don't have cable or I'd probably wind up watching the games believe it or not. right now my technique for not being completely out of the conversation loop is to just repeat the comments gleaned from other conversations I hear. seems to be working fine so far. I keep my responses short but polite, they seem to get the drift I'm not really intrested in talking bout it.

I don't have cable either. CBC is on point though. Hockey is usually the only thing on my 3 channel radiation emitter. During the playoffs, there's something to watch every day until the finals.

I'm gonna try those noodles too. Whats the favorite so far?

So my buddy and I headed down to this little bar to watch game 2 of the Toronto-Philly series.

The bar has a bigscreen tv and it's almost empty. We get great seats...

so why is the place empty?

Because te bartender is a fucking crack head who

was trying to convince us that he had platinum tickets for game 4

and that he'd sell them for 80$. I understand trying to pull scams,

but in the bar where you work? So I ask around and it turns out he

got about $120 from a friend of a friend last year with the same joke.

oh... go leafs!

Originally posted by nomadawhat

same as last year, but then what happened?!?! they'll come back!!

Now it's 3 - 0 for Anaheim. Still, I think I'm gonna bet on Detroit winning this series because there is a high chance yet. The Ducks are gonna have to get them real frustrated like in the next game.

that bartender is an idiot, Kilo. Who in their right mind would actually pay that little money in our city? Platinums are ridiculously priced. I almost got platinums for the game against Ottawa last year in the postseason in which Roberts score the gwg in ot.

*nevermind, he actually got someone for $120 last year. that person who got had is a moron. Bartender probably coulda got more in tips in that one night.

I'm not totally sure about the Corson thing. He talked to the Toronto Sun himself, but I didn't get a chance to pick up that paper. The other papers have interviews with his agent. From what the Globe and Mail said, he is pretty pissed off about being a healthy scratch seven times in the regular season and twice already in the playoffs. Compare this to being never a healthy scratch in his NHL career (which spans I think 15 or 17 years). He is an emotional guy, and this usually helps in playoff situations as we've seen him play hard before, but I guess this is one of his drawbacks for being emotional. It's too bad, he's a good, gritty player, and I wish him all the luck in his career. I don't think he's retiring, as preliminary reports last night on TSN suggested.

*another reason Corson's agent says he retired is because this whole being benched thing is a distraction to the other players. Also, the Globe was talking about how some Leafs may even be happy to see him leave, namely Roberts (Roberts' agent is the same guy, and he said that is ludicrous).

Archived