ATTN : DISOBEY

zodiac ying

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I would dub this question, question of the millenium.

What IS the plan of counterculture, resistive, idealist movements? Is there something we can do besides search through the crumbs and trash of this monstrous machine beast to feed our homeless and for clues as to expose the true nature of the beast? What does one do against an evil cabal that has the power to wage private wars, siphon money for lesser states, and oppress and destroy entire peoples and possibly the entire planet?

Are we just going out there to wave signs so crooked reporters can spin it to make it look like a bunch of crazies trying to start a riot who should be tear gassed and beaten and thrown into jail?

Are we going out there to defend the principles of democracy for nothing? Not a mere modicum of gratitude? Is a jaded and brainwashed populace going to march over the slightest poking of a head above the crowd to see what's really going on?

So we disobey we get locked away. Our friends abandon us and dissassociate from us... we become one of the disinherited and disenfranchised and we merely gave the police something to do for a brief time. What does that solve us.

Disseminating samizdat is worthless unless people are open to it. And sadly, most are not.

Disobey and get labeled a leftist wacko and deal with the discrimination for a lifetime. Being a minority I have to deal with this type of discrimination regardless.

Is there a time when the rationale of scientists will overtake the reigns of the avarice of businessmen?

Is this all wishful thinking? Are those with the potential to make change too afraid to for fear of losing all they have worked for? Are those amongst us who have not significant power to make change lashing out and losing our lives for a lost cause?

I've been fighting this war a long time. I was hoping maybe I could grow up and get out of it and live a quiet simple life like everyone else but I don't see things getting any better. Maybe they are but we have SUCH a long way to go. We may never make it in time.

I hear the calls: "Organize, Unite, Stand up and Fight!" But are we just making a bigger target?

The internet brought the promise of an awakened world, of global conciousness..... But I see that potential only being subverted for the vain quests of mammons materialism, lust, desire, greed. Instant gratification, they call it. Maybe there are those who are being awakened but at the same time targeted by ECHELON's of CARNIVORE's. Maybe we were better before when we were lost individual cells who would explode when the only thing holding our fragile reality together (like our job) was taken away. Can it be we are more powerful united as well as more vulnerable?

Can we appeal to the humanity within those in power and hope they will listen, see, feel, understand, know us? Or are they too self involved with thier own distractions they created around them.

Are the hopeful among us naive?

Are the hateful among us redeemable?

Is there a better way? Are we getting through to anyone, or are our cries falling on deaf ears?

Maybe we are losing because noone really cares....

Originally posted by disobey

well...first off.

it's a take off on the ever popular "obey" giant art.

right, "take off"...

now the statement it makes is up to you, what does it mean to you?.....it' was made to stir a discussion, create controversy, make you say "hey, whats that about"

if you like it

support it

if not

then don't

.......easy

so, it's about whatever I want?

it's not about the money, it's about the movement

wait... it's about a movement?

Seriously though, quit it with the spamming, seems like every post (except one) is an ad... that doesn't fly here.

Originally posted by freightlover

oh man, your argument got me. he doesnt suck...

i mean hes not the shit or anything, but i definitely used to see those little stickers in every cut imaginable, for years. thatsthe main reason i give him props.

this disobey guy on the other hand, honestly i dont think ive ever seen worse garbage in my life.

Originally posted by TRIPLE DECKR

i mean hes not the shit or anything, but i definitely used to see those little stickers in every cut imaginable, for years. thatsthe main reason i give him props.

this disobey guy on the other hand, honestly i dont think ive ever seen worse garbage in my life.

bro, 90% of those stickers you saw he sold to kids via the internet. guy put in work but now hes got a clothing line and gives kids all over the country "the opportunity" to get him up. i just find it completely against everything a campaign like that was initially for.

now you obey obey. funny?

hey im not saying im feeling his shit like THAT. im saying its alright. granted he pretty much took what the true masters cost and revs did and regurgitated it into his own little thing and hes capitalizing off their work. but i was a young when i saw that shit so i remembered it.

disobey just blows hardcore. i cant believe im even calling him disobey. SUPER JOCK BITER OF THE CENTURY blows.

and hey all these braindead clones putting him up, its just a sign off how played graff has gotten. im saying though, those stickers were up a long time ago. probably before the internet graf thing. so i will give credit.

ive seen alot and disobey is the worst.

Originally posted by nG

and its not like mr fairey is the most original designer ever.

well... maybe when you're older you'll understand that copying the copycats for personal profit is like fucking your cousin... I mean, sure you get babies with 9 heads, but is it REALLY something you want to tell people about?

Archived