Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dr. Drew

War from an Iraqi's perspective

peep the fucking steez

the us government is already talking about de-nationalizing the oil industry, but before i thought bush said the oil belonged the the iraqi people?

what is going on here guys?

heh

wet panties

Guest SIVIK

Seeking is sayn it like it is!!!

As 4 snipers ive often asked that but i think its hard 2 actully pin point sadham coz of the imposters he uses 4 his public appearences.Imagine if the US gunned down the wrong "sadham" theyd look foolish once again but im sure a positive spin would be put on it.

Australia view isnt as biasted as the US although our prime minister did send our SAS & navy 2 iraq 4 some reason.

Regarding someones comments bout the americans actully careing bout the iraqie ppl as they watched thousands of taliban supporters stuffed in2 shipping containers only a few short months ago that story abosolutly blew me away, i watched a doccumentry on that flimed by a britsh company in afghanistan shortly after the incident so it wasnt as biased as what u may think.Deffinate dodgey shit happened there & the US did well 2 conceal it.There honesty is questionble.

One other thing baghdad has a population of 5million people 7 days my ass & the iraq airforce hasnt even been called in not once sure they'll get blown outta the sky but does that stop there army taken on tanks with a hand rifle,does that raise the question of all they mite need is 1 iraqie plane with one particulr bomb??Also there was areport that an apache helicopter was shot down by a farmer with his old rifle!I feel this is a load of shit but why would the US fabricate that?Propaganda.U throw rocks at my house il throw rocks at yours.

Tease has no response to my statements and therefore must resume his pussy ass behavior, fucken spoiled bitches.

Guest BROWNer

lets all have a drink and celebrate the depth of

indoctrination we all blindly enjoy.

ignorance is fucking beautiful isn't it?

Life Ain't Perfect

One of the reasons Saddam Hussein was able to mount such a repressive government is because Iraq is basically (still) a tribal society. Like Afghanistan, a minority tribe was able to get control of the government and Army, and has lined their own pockets at the expense of the majority tribe. Most of his political and military leaders were relatives, cousins, brothers-in-law and so forth. The guy had his OWN SONS-IN-LAW EXECUTED. I mean, what kind of monster would make widows of his own daughters? They tried to escape Iraq and take Saddam's daughters with them. Saddam swore that if they came back, he would work things out. When they came back he had them tortured to death. The guy is a straight-up fuckin' MONSTER. He's ever bit as big a criminal as Hitler, just on a less Teutonic scale.

I can't say exactly why the U.S. chose to abandon the last Iraqi uprising. It seems to me like we should have done this whole bit in 1991. I heard that the reason Schwartzkoff didn't invade Iraq back then was that the U.S. and the Allies had cut a secret deal with Saudi Arabia, that Saudi tanks would be the first into Kuwait City (in 1991) and that no Westerners would ever actually conquer Baghdad. That is why we stopped 60 miles short of the Badhdad city limits last time. They have some sort of silly-ass thing about western forces of democracy conquering Arab states.

Too fuckin' bad. This time, it looks like the U.S. is going the distance, and will not stop until every last vestige of Saddam's government is erradicated. I understand the U.S. Marines and U.S. Army is re-arming and re-training Iraqi forces into the Free Iraqi Army right now, and that they will be used in the eventual final attack upon Baghdad, and in broadcast efforts to convince Saddam's die-hards to surrender. One thing is certain, the capture of a city of FIVE MILLION PEOPLE is not going to be easy. I would not be surprised if we lose 10,000 men or more taking Baghdad. Maybe a lot more, before it's all over.

To put this in perspective, we lost 330,000 men in WWII (1941-1945.) Ten thousand Americans died just taking the Japanese-held island of Okinawa alone. That was 3,000 in three days of fighting, and another seven thousand in the next four or five days, before the island was declared secured. In addition to that there were 20 or 30,000 Japanese killed, as well as thousands of Okinawans.

EVERY SINGLE YEAR over 440,000 Americans die because of cigarette smoking. Lung cancer, heart disease, strokes, etc. Anybody on here smoke cigarettes? Far, far, far more WWII veterans have died from smoking than died in combat.

So far, we have lost less than 200 known American dead in Iraq.

Not bad, considering how heavily armed the Iraqis are.

Re: Life Ain't Perfect

Originally posted by KaBar

I can't say exactly why the U.S. chose to abandon the last Iraqi uprising. It seems to me like we should have done this whole bit in 1991. I heard that the reason Schwartzkoff didn't invade Iraq back then was that the U.S. and the Allies had cut a secret deal with Saudi Arabia, that Saudi tanks would be the first into Kuwait City (in 1991) and that no Westerners would ever actually conquer Baghdad. That is why we stopped 60 miles short of the Badhdad city limits last time.

To add to that possibility:

I've read that, at the end of the Gulf War, the U.S. wanted to blunt the sword of Saddam; but at the same time saw his presence in Iraq as a useful "balance of power" against Iran, who had been buying U.S. weapons along with Iraq for quite a while.

But who knows. Information about U.S. foreign policy, especially nowadays, seems so shady to me, regardless of the source.

Guest BROWNer
Originally posted by KaBar

They have some sort of silly-ass thing about western forces of democracy conquering Arab states.

Too fuckin' bad.

do you even know iraq's history beyond the gulf and iran/iraq war?

too fuckin' bad? explain what makes this a 'silly-ass thing'.

i guarantee the past will inform iraq's future.

well, if your "teammates" feel like the vast majority of 12oz'ers

you would get shot by them

and it probably wouldnt be just a coincidental accident either.

FRATRICIDE

"Friendly fire" is now officially termed "fratricide" (the killing of one's own brothers) and it is a feature in modern warfare because of the extremely effective nature of modern battlefield weapons, the extreme degree of accuracy of modern weapons, and the high degree of confusion and uncertainty about who-is-who and where they are.

Because of the accuracy and effectiveness of modern weapons, there is a growing tendency to shoot first and ask questions later. If you don't shoot within moments of acquiring the target, there is an excellent possibility that the enemy is acquiring you. If you hesitate, there is a good possibility that your (tank, truck, platoon, etc.) will be hit any second by rounds fired from that "enemy" position.

Fraticide accounted for about 10-15% of deaths in WWII. It was somewhat of a problem in Korea, but definately a problem in Vietnam. In the confusion and smoke of a battle, sometime people get shot by accident, especially if your unit is "on the move." Modern weaponry will probably increase the likelihood of fratricidal casualties.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this