ROCKED OUT DENIM JACKETS

ETHREADZNY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The suit jacket and the one with the girl on i used fabric paint and pens.

The denims I used acrylic, spray paint and paint markers.

It shouldnt flake off but it might crack over time, depending how its looked after.

I do a layer of watered down white acrylic so it soaks into the material and seals it, then a thicker layer to paint on top of. Thast how Mr Wiggles does it in his instructional videos too (actually he does 3 layers) but if your not careful it can make the material quite stiff due to the thickness of paint. Im working on that at the moment using a mixture of just an acrylic layer to seal it then spray paints on top, missing out a layer basically. I might even try just a painted on layer of plastic primer as that should stay quite flexible. Ill let you know the results.

Success with just spray paints depends on the type of material, how the paint 'sits' on it or soaks in. I got a spot of yellow paint on some jeans I have and it has survived multiple washes. Im not sure if it is psray paint though. It might be the leather paint I use for the sneakers i do. Again, Ill have to experiment.

I saw those pictures of the painted on jeans, which i get a lot of requests for, but Im after some tips as I dont really understand how they survive the washing machine. Do people just handwash them? Cant imagine a b-boy in Kangol and Pumas washing his jeans in the sink lol.

If anyone has any ideas, knows how to do it, or knows where theres any instructional videos let me know. Im still learning all the time. If Im going to do it I want to do it properly. I started doing this for myself. All my work is designed to last as long as possible witha s little hassle as possible for the buyer in looking after it.

Oh yes, Ive got it very flexible now. Im using a particular sort of plastic spray paint so it shouldnt crack either. Still got some experimenting to do though.

Do any of you on here that do jackets find the back is very stiff with the usual methods they use or is it just me?

Oh yes, Ive got it very flexible now. Im using a particular sort of plastic spray paint so it shouldnt crack either. Still got some experimenting to do though.

Do any of you on here that do jackets find the back is very stiff with the usual methods they use or is it just me?

i use acrylic gesso ..1 wash coat ..sand it ..then another thicker coat and sand it smooth ..then its go time .... and yes they do lose some flexibility because your basically

turning a jacket into a canvas .. theres no way it will be as flexible with a painting on it .. oh well live with it .. and i nnnnnnnever wash my jackets..i only wear those a few times a year ...maybe..theres no need to ever stick them in a washing machine ...wtf

• 5 months later...

I know this thread's pretty dead, but I got a serious question. How should I remove the paint from a jacket so that I can repaint it without there being too many layers of paint? I'm too broke to just go and buy a new denim, and I've been dying to repaint my current one.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived