Your first job?

Wink ONE

After sitting around and listening to my mother bitch and moan about me beeing a lethargic bum, I've decided to start looking for a job. I was thinking of the usual first job (McDonalds), but I can't stand the retards who already work there. Checked the newspaper, and almost everything "Needed Experiance" of a year or more, screw experiance. I wouldn't really be getting a job if I didn't need to support the function of a cell phone and such, plus extra money is always a good thing. I came to 12oz for other ideas for a first occupation

So, what was your first job?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest KING BLING

My first 4 jobs were food service, my first was a fast food mexican place. I also ended up getting fired within 2 months from my first 4, than got a job in a non-food place and worked there for 3 years. You gotta pay your dues but check out janitor type jobs or corner stores.

my first job i worked at Boudins Bakery at the mall. i had a huge crush on some corny mother fucker who worked there. i hated that place. one day i came to work all fucked up after a night of coke and speed. i went bizzirk and flipped out on everyone and started crying.

i quit of course.

my first job was as a dishwasher at a retirement home for $5 and hour!

so nasty, but it could be fun at times, like half-eaten food fights!!! and jello fights!!! then i moved up to waiter at the same retirement home. retirement homes usually hire very young people for easy work, check that.

Guest WebsterUno

***believe***

I sold ESPRIT clothes at the

FLEA MARKET when I was 13 years old.

Then my next real job was a baker

for TOGOs. I baked those long breads.

I was 18

:)

Originally posted by Missinterpreted

my first job i worked at Boudins Bakery at the mall. i had a huge crush on some corny mother fucker who worked there. i hated that place. one day i came to work all fucked up after a night of coke and speed. i went bizzirk and flipped out on everyone and started crying.

i quit of course.

haha. we've got to hang out one day.

my first job was in high school and i was a dental assistant. got paid $15 an hour. he was an asshole so i didnt like it. also not to mention that i had to wear the white uniform and white keds. i hated looking into old people's mouths, and i hated to hear children cry. i liked giving out lil toys and stickers to the kids and i met a few boys from neighboring high schools. so i had connections.:)

Guest willy.wonka

my probation afficer put me in this youth facility..i was basically a janitor that fixed things with this crazy guy..in return they tought me how to box and fight..they paid me a real shitty pay so i quit and went to jail.

13 years old- worked at a school in the summer scraping gum off desks and walls for 6 bucks an hour

14-worked construction as the joe boy, responsible for moving dirt and wood

15-got a job as an inventory controller at a place that makes cars run on hydrogen, it was very famous at one point as it's stock went from 7 bucks to 147 over night.

16-worked at a place that makes diesel engines run on natural gas, doing stores and inventory junk

17-worked for Whistler Blackcomb doing promotions and marketing

-worked for a boardercross company doing course builds

-worked for a towing company driving tow trucks into busted cars

-construction

18- inventory stuff and have been doing inventory stuff ever since, I am leaving Canada to go backpacking around Australia for a year and will prolly become a full time traveller for years to come

**a note to the thread starter. As was said, you gotta pay your dues, never turn down any type of work at any time, every bit helps and pushes you further. You need to gain expeirience and then everything else will follow.

my first job was at a honey baked ham store....that shit sucked....i didnt work there for very long...but every day that i did i worked at least 8 to 12 hours and i applied for a part time job.....the only cool thing was that i got to work with some hot chicks.....but other than that....it hurt...i stank.....i hated ham for a while.....and i hated people that cant make up their minds.....

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS

my first job was a paper route... had like 52 houses and made alot in tips. my second job, and my favorite to date, was at an ice cream shop... i gained alot of weight but everything tasted so damn good :)

well after the flower shopi got a job at a drive inn. fell deeplly in love with cooking. moved on to chilis ended up running the kitchen, from there moved on to the sheraton waikiki and worked there for a little bit. then moved to a french resturant "Le Guignol" where i became a sous chef. now i'm at the halekulani hotel in the "La Mer" only as a cook here because it's hawaii's most exspencive fine dinning resturant.

my first job was grifting and petty scams. I did this from 12 to 16. Then i got a real job as a bagger at a huge grocery store that had something like 200 employees. They couldn't keep track of every one so me and my boy used to go and clock in at 8 am and then leave. We'd go get drunk then come back around 10 pm and clock out. Over time like whoa. If we did go to work we would steal cartons of cigarettes by putting themm in bags and acting like we were taking them to peoples cars for them. On our off days we would hang around school parking lots and sell them for $10. Schemin like what? The bosses finally caught on to what was happening like 2 months and $6000 later.

But for real any job you can get that has some kind of perks to it is great. I think the greatest job i ever had was working at this Run down shitty ass motel chain. Policy was no refunds, dont appologize, dont take no shit. There were plenty of scams going on at this job. My favorite thing was to play spades with the dopefiends and take their crack money.

Get your hustle on

Dishwasher in a Tex-Mex restaurant. A bunch of my friends worked there and assured me it was a "kick ass" job. It wasn't. Burning myself on plates, getting hot soapy water in my eye, slipping in the flooding dishpit, staying hours after close endlessly scrubbing dishes, and being treated like shit by the front house staff wasn't exactly "kick ass". Still, most of the people working in the kitchen were cool, got caught smoking weed with some friends and quit before they could fire me......

Then I worked in the meat department of a supermarket. Got fired for fucking around and stealing.....

My advice is to sponge off your parents for as long as you can :o

market research.....quit after a week. then I moved up to assistant baker at a bagel chain. it was owned by a cop who was on leave for a drunk driving incident where he refused the breathalyzer and his passenger was thrown from the motorcycle and killed. he was mean, fucked me over on overtime, and yelled at me when I threw out stuff I dropped on the floor ("if the fucking customers dont see you drop it, USE IT"). that didnt last too long.

whatever you pick its probably gonna suck.

i've only had two works. the first i was a dishwasher @ a bbq place... i worked there for eight hours split between two days then i quit.

the other work was with my dad where he works. got paid six an hour to do all kinds of shit around a welding shop... wasn't to hard, but def. not for me... way to fucking boring and having to wear boots all day long was wack... only worked there for a month.

now i go to college.

Guest uncle-boy

cutting my wrists for 4 dollars a slice.

what can i say?? it payed for my lunch.

now listen here,

you girls sit down.

no more cheating in class til im dead. keep your hands to yourself.,

and stop stealing all the skim milk. ya heard???

Archived