Shakespear freaks get in here!!

Guest FUGITIVE

Guest FUGITIVE

yoooo watap my homies.....ok well i got this paper i have to write that is due tomorow and one of the questions is on Hamlet, ok heres the question....

At end of act.1, Hamlet says, "The time is out of joint...".

can anyone tell me wtf that means?.:jpotato:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest FUGITIVE

FUCK ALL OF YALL! YOU FUCKING FAG'S! I JUST WROTE THE WHOLE FUCKING ESSAY BEFORE YOU GUYS CAN ANSWER ONE QUESTION! FUCKING HOMOS! SHOWS HOW MUCH 12OZ HELPS!

Guest KING BLING

Rest, rest, perturbed spirit!

They swear

So, gentlemen,

With all my love I do commend me to you:

And what so poor a man as Hamlet is

May do, to express his love and friending to you,

God willing, shall not lack. Let us go in together;

And still your fingers on your lips, I pray.

The time is out of joint: O cursed spite,

That ever I was born to set it right! (1.5.189)

Nay, come, let's go together.

...so what did you write to explain the line. That'll get you responces because it requires us to do not work, but instead rip you to shreds or maybe assist...

Guest NoamChomsky

TEASERARMY2K3 TAKING OVER DIS THREAD,YEAH BOIIII!!!!!!.

CANT STOP THE BUM RUSH!!!!!

:king: :king: :king: :king:

Guest FUGITIVE
Originally posted by KING BLING

..so what did you write to explain the line. That'll get you responces because it requires us to do not work, but instead rip you to shreds or maybe assist...

notice as soon as i wrote that last reply i got someone to help me, anyway i wrote that it means "The time is out of our hands". which hamlet is saying that he will not waste any time, hes gonna revenge his fathers death as soon as possible....

i hope thats right because i just wrote a 5 page essay on one stupid question.

Guest KING BLING

The time is out of joint: O cursed spite,

That ever I was born to set it right!

yeah what you wrote could work. I believe in the context of the following line that he meant more like things are bad or crazy right now and I hate that I have to be the one to fix it. But what you wrote has the same flavor and really I beleive teachers ask these questions not because one answer is available but to challenge you to think...

Guest KING BLING

...adding to my point, think about how we say "those were better times" or "that was a time of heros and men". I think he was reffering to his time not like a clock but the more generalized referance to a period....as sampled by the GZA: "Don't be afraid, bad dreams are only dreams What a time you chose to be born..."

Guest FUGITIVE

good looking out mr_president and king bling......the only thing is that i alredy did it so im moss deff am not going to write another one.....if the teacher dont like it she can screw herself cuz its her foult that she asked a very short stupid question..............

Archived