America...The New Police State

!@#$%

Getting out of America's bubble is amazing..and a great lesson..

we live in what used to be "the land of the free"..and where has that land disappeared to? as our government tries to crush dissent for the so-called good of the country, they are forgetting the very ideals on which the government was founded..

going on vacation to Europe during a time of America's bloodlust was a great fucking idea..what a perspective...to see news only through the eyes of those who oppose the bloodshed of the innocent

protests there, some of which included dissent of the opinion of the government they were living under, went on unabated and with no trouble from police..

now i return home to find that ribbons were banned in public places in a new england town, and that protesters are about to become a new class of criminals and terrorists

i could have counted on one hand the amount of police i saw in one week in european cities..i encountered an equal amount within hours of being back in the usa

we have less freedoms, more violent crime, more police all the time...and nothing gets any better...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Dr. Drew

yeah, i think its funny that so many european countries allow thier citizens so much more freedom than the US, but people here still believe we are the most free. goes to show people believe anything you tell them...

on a positive note: post some pictures from your vacation! sounds fun

i don't live in the digital age

since my car wreck by drugged assholes the police have been holding my camera hostage at their headquarters for 'safe-keeping' and i cannot access it because 'civilians' aren't allowed inside the building during this chump ass war

so i had to take a bunch of disposable cameras with me on vacation and none of them are developed..

it was fuckin rad though...

i think i need to do nothing but paint fr8s in the next two years, get really sick of em, then i can move to europe and live in the fuckin cervecarias

bottom line...

they've had 2000 years to practice civilization, and get it right....and they have..

metro, drink anywhere, smoke what you want...they make it easy

another beautiful example..

since when did america become about shoving our brand of backstabbinggetaheadcapitalism down everyone else's throats??

why is religion now so inexorably entrenched in out government??

our founding fathers are fucking spinning in their graves

FUCK A RELIGION AND A GOD DICTATING THE COURSE OF ACTION OF A NATION AND AN ARMY

the churchm which has denounced the war by the way, has no fucking place here...

sent by a christian god to liberate a muslim people??

well, i wonder if god also approved of our abandoning them time and time again

www.killinghope.com

i'm just embarrased to be american right now. i just came back from brazil and they love americans, but still i could feel the anti-american sentiment growing. i told everyone i was canadian. i just wish the US valued more of the simple things.

Guest imported_Tesseract

!@#$%, i fuckin love you...if all americans were like you, you'd still be the country of light you used to be.

To bad you didnt catch that plane to first democracy in the globe...i'd be your host.

On a sidenote, you people have to do something about that shit, america has been a positive force for many things, people need to realise that their country is run by extreme rightwing bastards that wont hesitate to destroy whatever good there is...its so against american, and people in general, its not even funny

Originally posted by ubejinxed

i just wish the US valued more of the simple things.

America just wasn't built that way.

I'm currently reading Stupid White men by Michael Moore.

It's really getting to the root of our issues and attaching the

individuals and companies that have had a huge part in making

the u$a what it is today. The treachery and oppression going on

in America right now is terrifying. I swear it's getting closer to a

state of Marshal law every day.

And about the simple things... America has always been about

the bigger, better deal. It's goingto be hard to get back to the basics.

^^exactly

one of our 'basics' is the right to continue to pursue happiness...so for so many, that happiness is defined by consumerism.

that is a fundamental that needs changing...but how to extract materialism from so many money hungry capitalists, i do not know...

ubejinxed....being american is still somewhat 'cool'..i'm still not embarassed..because i can also see the err of our ways..we have great music, great movies, and our own beautiful cities..but al that goodness is being eclipsed by the truly embarassing things about America...our government and out 'foreign policy'...its still worth trying to change from the inside, even though these days its looking more and more like an excercise in futility...

if we started caring about true education, knowledge, wisdom, and philosophy, we might have a fighting chance at saving our next generations...but instead we are raising them on Playstation and Consumerism...the eternal love of gasoline and the SUV

Tesser...hey man, i love you too...fo' reals..i will get to visit you ...i think it may be Amsterdam in the fall, but i am an adult now, in full pursuit of my life goals...one of which is seeing the world, and its origins..there is a lot more to life than the way we have made here...i need to experience more than the shallow depths i am encountering

and Kilo....aren't we busy constructing a new government?? i got plenty more awesome suggestions.. Bocadillas anyone??

Originally posted by ubejinxed

i told everyone i was canadian. i just wish the US valued more of the simple things.

this really bothers me. i dont know why you couldnt have just been yourself and made your own impression on people that not all americans are idiots. you seem like a smart level headed person, so why didnt you just act like yourself.

prove a point, so that if the people you told you were canadian see dumb shitfucker americans they could always just say oh, there are some good americans, and not think you were canadian.

ive met so many americans posing as canadians, and it makes me laugh everytime when i tell them where im from and ask where they grew up.

I'm a canuck, so our government is different.

Not that different, but at least when we ellect someone they actually get the position.

I like to think that things will work out in time.

Time has a way of making people come to terms

with the way they waste their resources. The only

major block to that realization is that they will never

run out of beef at a McDonalds or Gas at a Texaco.

North americans dont see how the rest of the world lives.

That's the stregnth of ignorance. If we really saw how

most people have to get though life, it would probably

shock us all into crazed acts of internation philantropy.

As much as we seem to pity the third world nations,

they do have things that we cant really understand.

Sure 50% of the world has never used a phone, but

I'd say that 90% of Americans feel isolated in their

own community. A small tribe has history, interpersonal

connections and a correct sence of status based

on things that really matter, not just material wealth.

as they say...

L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

i did tell some people i was american then all they wanted to do was talk about the war. i didn't go on vacation to talk about this, i went to go and enjoy myself, so i stopped telling people i was american. it's sort of hard to get your point accross when u don't speak portuguese so well.

Archived