The Skateboarding Thread

gnarlitude

Originally posted by mr.pescado

skated for about four and half years....stopped for about a year and a half.....recently picked up the wood again.....man that shit is fun!!!i always liked the alien workshop boards......girl and chocolate too.....

YES!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: oh and

Originally posted by SPACEiNVADER

I have been sk8 boarding for 13 years too.

axil slides (who was the guy that invented those, i think his name was

you must be oldschool to refer to any type of grind as this

Where the board was made does make a difference in how it feels. Foundation, Flip, and Girl all get their boards from different woodshops, interestingly enough.

Oh, and those that take exception to my use of the word "stuntwood" need to grow a sense of humor. What could the fucking problem possibly be? I really want to know.

i've been skating like 11 or 12 yrs. my first board was the matt hensley when he's sitting in a church or something. nowadays i pretty much only skate ramp and pools when i can. i followed the evolution backwards, started skating street, then moved to mini ramp, then pools and full-size ramps, then i started surfing last. kind of a wierd way to go about it--but now that i'm older i don't think about shit like getting sponsored or the trends, it's all about what feels the best and i think nothing feels better then skating pools.

Originally posted by razeagainst

i used to love the Tom Penny Flip decks just because he had the dopest images on his boards... "LAZY DAYZ" << anyone remember those? I wish i could piece like that...

dude you sound like a poser

oi ]:{o>

Grind kings are gay the kingpins break and then you have to take them apart and take them off the board then blah blah blah THEY ARE SHIT. ahh and a set of the frigging kingpins are like 15$

and also they get ground down to the axle pretty frigging easily.

Re: Re: oh and

Originally posted by ]:{o>

you must be oldschool to refer to any type of grind as this

No Man!! I'm not refering to any kind of grind. Its like an axl stall on flatground but its in motion!! like 1/4 flip whilerolling then sliding along the pavement in the position of an axl stall then 1/4 back to land and ride away!! There were two popular pro freestyle skaters in the 80's on was Rodney Mullen the other I can't remember his name I think it was Piere Wieldner-or something like that. Any body remember??

ALso to FLIGHT RISK THANX 4 THE MP3!!

HOw could i forget the boneless and the coffin???

anybody who thinks a coffin is a lame trick try it down a steep hill.

Originally posted by Grandola

a board is a board is a board is a board. so on, furthermore.

thats silly, i dont even skate and i know that all boards arent the same. im sure there are bunch of comp. that use that same decks but they arent all the same.

that per welinder originally came as a freestyle deck. he did have more of a street style in his freestyle. check the powell peralta vid future primative.

kevin harris was another pro freestyle rider.

i am pretty sure that there was a french dude on tracker (i think) whome i cant remember

Originally posted by TEEHEEHEE

oi ]:{o>

Grind kings are gay the kingpins break and then you have to take them apart and take them off the board then blah blah blah THEY ARE SHIT. ahh and a set of the frigging kingpins are like 15$

and also they get ground down to the axle pretty frigging easily.

yes this is true, but i had the hook up threw my sponcer so it didn't matter:o

I remember landing my first kickflip by mistake. I was just dicking around, not even paying attention to what i was doing, was soooo stoked. But I quickly got frustrated because I couldn't land it again. After I finally learned how to do them, learning flip tricks was a breeze.

What ever happened to Simon Woodstock? Last time I heard about him was when he boxed sticky fingaz on MTV.

Been skatin for 3 years, right now i have a zoo york harold hunter deck(the green one that just says HAROLD on the bottom) 52 mm gold wheels, blitzkreig ceramic abec 7 bearings, and krux trucks (silvers). My boy owns SKate Lair skateshop in CT and has an exclusive ZOO hookup so he gets basically all of the zoo york shit thats in CT. :D

you're the worst lyer i've ever heard in my life.... your friends and yourself just casually throw down switch ril tricks on an 8-stair, eh??... sure...

i can belive it... dude there are tons of little kids i see around that just kill it, some of the shit they bust i wouldn't beleive it if i didn't see it

i was tryin to kickflip this 14 stair one time... then for some reason my thumb musta slipped cuz i did a hardflip instead... It was in "the mall" in case yall were tryin to figure out the set i was talkin bout...

I don't know about you but when i mean "skateboarding" i mean WITH MY FEET

Archived