Hey, hippieocrite - would you eat this?

Weapon X

Petri Steak

A team of NASA-funded researchers at New York's Touro College are trying to put an end to arguments that spoil summer barbeques.

They have found a way to grow meat in a laboratory, meaning no animals have to be slaughtered and no vegetarians have to be miffed.

The team started by growing goldfish tissue in cell fluid, but claim the process could be adapted to sprout select cuts of beef.

The current problem is texture as the meat just doesn't feel enough like meat. It turns out that unlike cows in a pasture, lab meat doesn't get much exercise - a hurdle that could be overcome by stimulating small, edible capillary-like tubes with an electric charge.

If this stuff ever works out, it'll be great. But the dummies looking to fit in because they can't throw a ball will still be complaining because goats will be farmed for substances waaay stronger than Kevlar (look into Nexxia).

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest ctrl+alt+del

yeah, some people will try to find anything that will make them ddifferent and get them attention.

but i think that new meat shit would be big, especially if they got it to taste and feel the same. i know i would rather eat that then a dead cow. i dont like knowing that im eating some dead animal that was previously grazing in a meadow, but they taste so good!

i wanna be frozen so I can be thawed out to live in the time of replicators. I know what you mean, seeking - it'd be wierd, but I'm all for progress, even if it is wierd at first. anyway, i'm sure the meat industry would not allow this to reach people like us if this actually could work out.

Archived